Coming up with your name

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #91
    Originally posted by landpoke View Post
    landpoke was born of a particularly frustrating dry spell, a weekend camping trip to the Thunder Basin National Grasslands and a BLM ranger's unfortunate timing.
    Post of the decade.

    Comment

    • Borg
      Tour de CS 2013?
      • Dec 2008
      • 1501

      #92
      Hmmm...since I'm an avid BYU fan, the "Borg" is a play on how others outside of Mormondom view BYU fans (LDS people in general)...as mindless, robots, and/or those that are assimilated into our culture.

      Much like the Borgs on Star Trek.....not even a star trek fan...but some years ago on the Aztec board, I saw them refer to BYU fans as "Borg Nation"...and I thought that was pretty clever.

      So...like all good Borgs...I assimilated the name, and have been quite happy with it.
      "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

      Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

      Comment

      Working...