No announcement yet.

Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd never heard it either. Seems like it would mean some superficial agreement, or rah! rah! moment that people don't really buy into, is being pushed top down, and where the energy doesn't last. I wouldn't be surprised if it starts being used with negative connotation in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      “Stack hands”

I hear this a dozen times a day and it’s a lame phrase and overused in corporate life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      i would make fun of anybody who said that. doesnt matter who it is, they should be shamed.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I really hate when someone asks me to book a meeting time on calendly. I'm not sure why, but it really annoys me.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post

i would make fun of anybody who said that. doesnt matter who it is, they should be shamed.
          You’d spend your entire day making fun of people in our finance organization. I’m in a leadership call and it’s already been used twice and we are ten minutes in. And smr correctly defined it.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I'm going to start using it - wearing Duke athletic warm ups - a gold medallion necklace - with a headband. My baldness will be the cherry on top.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

You’d spend your entire day making fun of people in our finance organization. I’m in a leadership call and it’s already been used twice and we are ten minutes in. And smr correctly defined it.

i thought corporate speak didn't get worse than from the lawyers, so i guess this is a pleasant surprise
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

when i tell you, you will be even more annoyed. it means to agree or be on the same page. let's all agree on this. let's stack hands.

people are dumb.
                You're right, I am annoyed, and I hate it.

I also hate "lean in". Especially when people try to use it as a cudgel against me when I tell them their idea is stupid.

Stupid millenial: "We should make our product do this silly thing that no customers are asking for because I think it's neato and cool and I want to change the world because I'm a wanna-be Steve Jobs!"
                Me: "That will kill our performance, make our COGS increase, and lose money in the long run"
                Stupid person: "Why don't you 'lean in' and work with me on this? I feel like you need to validate others' ideas more. <something about feelings, blah blah blah, more feelings, blah blah blah>"
                Me: <thinking to myself> "If I'm less conservative in my retirement planning how far can I bump my target date forward?"

Comment

• When someone calls while they're getting into a car and there is an inevitable bluetooth issue.

Comment

• Realizing while I'm standing for #1 that #2 will also be necessary.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      Realizing while I'm standing for #1 that #2 will also be necessary.
                      my dog does this all the time. He pees and then uses the same stance to poo, which is so weird.

come to think of it, this is also one of my pet peeves.

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Realizing while I'm standing for #1 that #2 will also be necessary.
                        And you gotta finish #1 before switching over, because as Lloyd Christmas so eloquently put it, “I can’t cut it off mid-stream, it stings!”

Last edited by chrisrenrut; 10-08-2021, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

And you gotta finish #1 before switching over, because as Lloyd Christmas so eloquently put it, “I can’t cut it off mid-stream, it stings!”

Damn straight.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Somewhere I heard that men can't do both at the same time - while women can.

your welcome.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Somewhere I heard that men can't do both at the same time - while women can.

your welcome.
                              Doing #1 and #2 concurrently? Should we call that #3?

I know of at least one guy who can do both concurrently.

I remember a comedian bit about how he could go #1 without going #2, but couldn't go #2 without also going #1.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Perhaps this has already been mentioned here, but driving through Utah last weekend during that Friday night rain storm got me peeved about the invisible lane lines on the highways. And lack of reflectors. Couldn't see a darn thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X