The fashion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by filsdepac View Post
    Speaking of jeans, what kind do people like the most? I never spent more than $100 on jeans until a couple years ago. But when i tried out some Joe's, I couldn't go back. It's just tough finding them in longs. I don't own any R&R or True Religions.
    It's not very fashionista of me, but I cheap out on jeans. I have tried on Joes before, and they definitely fit well. But not $170 well. Not even $100 well. I just can't talk myself into paying that much for a pair of pants which may only be in style for a year or two. And since I only wear them once or twice a week, at most, it just doesn't add up. If I wore jeans on a daily basis, maybe I'd be able to justify it with myself.

My personal preference for jeans is Guess, but I'm even too cheap to buy those unless I find a great deal. I've never owned any True Religions or Rockin' Republics (though I noticed Kohls sells RR now).
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      It's not very fashionista of me, but I cheap out on jeans. I have tried on Joes before, and they definitely fit well. But not $170 well. Not even $100 well. I just can't talk myself into paying that much for a pair of pants which may only be in style for a year or two. And since I only wear them once or twice a week, at most, it just doesn't add up. If I wore jeans on a daily basis, maybe I'd be able to justify it with myself.

My personal preference for jeans is Guess, but I'm even too cheap to buy those unless I find a great deal. I've never owned any True Religions or Rockin' Republics (though I noticed Kohls sells RR now).
      Rockin' some H&M jeans right now. I go cheap on the jeans, too. Well, I go cheap on everything when it comes to clothes these days...gotta save my money for other things. I spent $150 on dinner last weekend and would never think of spending even half of that on jeans.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        Rockin' some H&M jeans right now. I go cheap on the jeans, too. Well, I go cheap on everything when it comes to clothes these days...gotta save my money for other things. I spent $150 on dinner last weekend and would never think of spending even half of that on jeans.
        I always bought Lucky, J Crew, Gap and Banana Republic jeans on sale and usually could get them for $50 or less. Paying even that much killed me. Then my friend introduced me to consignment shopping. I picked up 2 pairs of Citizen for Humanity jeans for $15 each and a pair of Seven jeans for $30. Each pair was barely worn, fit great and did wonders for my backside. I'm now a believer in designer jeans.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Speaking of jeans, what kind do people like the most? I never spent more than $100 on jeans until a couple years ago. But when i tried out some Joe's, I couldn't go back. It's just tough finding them in longs. I don't own any R&R or True Religions.
          I pretty much go with these.
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Nordstrom anniversary sale has started, the one time a year that I buy a lot of clothes. If you have the nordstrom debit card, you can purchase goods online, it's excellent. The selection is very good despite having a limited offering of long jeans.

You want to try AG jeans. They'll fit a little bit like Joe's, but they come in a 36 inch inseam. Mavi also comes in a 36 inseam. Every once in a while a Seven will crop up, and I know that Hudson makes a jean that's longer, but I don't know if they offer it anywhere but their website.

I personally love J.Brand, Vince, Mother, and AG. Paige denim is beloved by so many, but it's not my favorite. She's now started making jeans for men, so we'll see if that takes off. Hudson jeans are alright, but they stretch like mad.

The truth is that designer denim is worth the cost if you wear jeans on a fairly regular basis. I remember the first time my roommate from freshman year tried on a pair of Citizen's and didn't want to take them off. She said, "now I see why you spend so much money." It's true... makes a world of a difference.
            what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

Maybe this is me just being my ghetto self, but (ok full disclosure- since I moved to Phoenix I don't wear jeans much at all- work clothes to Poolside Manner) I have really started to love skater jeans. Brands like Matix, DC, etc. They are pretty slim and fashionable looking, extremely comfortable (the denim is very stretchy somehow) and they have the cool little shoe string belts woven in. I also love me some Levis 514 Slim Straight Jeans.

Other than that, I have a random assortment of Jeans I got 2nd hand- random brands like Paper, Denim & Cloth and Diesel.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

New style: Mantyhose.

You may rebel, but the pantyhose with the stripe down the side looks good on the guy.
                http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/ga...82#/0/18817017

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

You may rebel, but the pantyhose with the stripe down the side looks good on the guy.

I see that they come in a skull pattern, but no fishnets or thigh highs...disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

What are they used for?

Comment

• I would totally rock those snowboarding.

*full disclosure* In a pinch, I've rocked pantyhose snowboarding.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

Let's be honest, almost anything would look good on that guy as long as he was shirtless. Put those on some schlemiel like Homer Simpson and then tell me if you still think they look dandy.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• It's probably yet another sign that I'm really old, but I can't grasp why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for jeans like these from Nordstrom:

From the Nordstrom web page one can select a variety of other types of distressed jeans, including styles with paint flecks and other stains (I already have Levi's with various foods embedded in them). But with the new shoes the model is wearing, the guy isn't fooling anybody.

Comment

• nice boots though
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X