Dear Utah

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FMCoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 6825

    #1

    Dear Utah

    I just spent 8 days in sunny Southern California. I come back and it is rainy and cold. You are not doing much to further your cause.

    Signed,

    FMCoug
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69696

    #2
    I am not very thankful for the moisture we are receiving.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • PaloAltoCougar
      Semper infra dignitatem
      • Nov 2008
      • 16936

      #3
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I am not very thankful for the moisture we are receiving.
      Do you have sufficient for your needs? It's going to be an outstanding year in the Sierra for waterfalls, river flows, etc.

      Comment

      • wally
        <><><><><><><><>
        • Jun 2010
        • 4137

        #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        I am not very thankful for the moisture we are receiving.
        Are you flooding in the UC?

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69696

          #5
          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          Do you have sufficient for your needs? It's going to be an outstanding year in the Sierra for waterfalls, river flows, etc.
          Our cup runneth over. If we get the right (i.e., wrong) warming pattern it will be 1983 all over again.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • creekster
            It is NOT a monkey!
            • Nov 2008
            • 22661

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Our cup runneth over. If we get the right (i.e., wrong) warming pattern it will be 1983 all over again.
            Does that mean they will need to fire up Bangerter's pumps again?
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

            Comment

            • wally
              <><><><><><><><>
              • Jun 2010
              • 4137

              #7
              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Do you have sufficient for your needs? It's going to be an outstanding year in the Sierra for waterfalls, river flows, etc.
              http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15093066

              The historic floods of 1983 nearly drowned the state, and experts say this year could be much worse. They are carefully watching rivers and streams in places like American Fork, Weber, Cache Valley, Logan and Oakley.

              While many of Utah's waterways may look somewhat calm right now, give it a few weeks, and experts say they'll be spilling their banks.


              During the heavy flooding in 1983, State Street in Salt Lake City turned into a rushing river. In 1983, State Street in downtown Salt Lake City was a rushing river. That flooding came as a result of historic snow levels, followed by a cool, wet spring.

              This year, snow survey expert Randy Julander with the Natural Resources Conservation Service says Utah is on track for the same conditions -- if not worse.

              "We have every potential of seeing the kinds of flows that we saw back in 1983," he said.

              Comment

              • Coach McGuirk
                1
                • Nov 2008
                • 12109

                #8
                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Do you have sufficient for your needs? It's going to be an outstanding year in the Sierra for waterfalls, river flows, etc.
                Yes, sufficient. Please stop.

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16936

                  #9
                  Apparently you folks in Utah have really been paying your tithing. Maybe you should dial it back a bit.

                  Comment

                  • Borg
                    Tour de CS 2013?
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 1501

                    #10
                    I don't have enough sunshine and heat sufficient for my needs. Can we remedy that?
                    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

                    Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      That is an interestingly-written article...chiasmus meets junior high book report.

                      So will all this rain help fill Lake Powell again?
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • NorthwestUteFan
                        אלוף
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 3384

                        #12
                        For the love of all things holy PLEASE fill Bear Lake to full pool! This may not happen again for 3 more decades!

                        Three weeks ago when I was in St George the morning low on the first day we were there was 25 degrees. The high the next day was 89. Nice temperature swing! Then it was snowing when we flew out of SLC a few days later.

                        It was completely ironic that I had to return to Seattle to get warm again...

                        Comment

                        • wally
                          <><><><><><><><>
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 4137

                          #13
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Does that mean they will need to fire up Bangerter's pumps again?
                          I don't think that the GSL water surface is near the historic high (elev, 4211-12) that it was in '83-'84, which means that ultimately should flooding occur, there will probably be an outlet destination for water. This won't be any help though when/if streams top their banks, it just means that the water eventually has somewhere to go.

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #14
                            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            Apparently you folks in Utah have really been paying your tithing. Maybe you should dial it back a bit.
                            no, that's just what happens when faithful saints pray for moisture.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • byu71
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22070

                              #15
                              Are the pumps they built out by the great salt lake still operational?

                              I swear I am not playing golf unless the temp. is around 60 or higher. Playing in this crap has made all my muscles ache.

                              Comment

                              Working...