Worst song ever?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1337coug
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 578

    #1

    Worst song ever?

    Rebecca Black - Friday has been blowing up, having almost 8 million views on youtube in just over a weak for being absolutely terrible. What do you think?

    [YOUTUBE]CD2LRROpph0[/YOUTUBE]


    Here's a cover by Bob Dylan

    [YOUTUBE]9FISHEO3gsM[/YOUTUBE]
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    Spoiler for Has an f-bomb:
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #3
      Wow. I thought that was an SNL Digital Short without a punchline.



      She reminds me of Nasim Pedrad's nerdy high school character that just talks up her dad the whole time to her peers and doesn't engage with her age group.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18747

        #4
        I've heard worse

        [YOUTUBE]mqFLXayD6e8[/YOUTUBE]
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #5
          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          I've heard worse

          [YOUTUBE]mqFLXayD6e8[/YOUTUBE]
          That's fun, fun, fun, fun, to watch, even with the sound off.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • marsupial
            Mississippi Queen
            • Nov 2008
            • 3678

            #6
            Originally posted by 1337coug View Post
            Rebecca Black - Friday has been blowing up, having almost 8 million views on youtube in just over a weak for being absolutely terrible. What do you think?

            [YOUTUBE]CD2LRROpph0[/YOUTUBE]


            Here's a cover by Bob Dylan

            [YOUTUBE]9FISHEO3gsM[/YOUTUBE]
            She's no Justin Bieber.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

            Comment

            • Color Me Badd Fan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 12519

              #7
              I heard worse every week while teaching primary. The articles of faith songs are ridiculous. I love how we're teaching four year olds how to sing the words ordininances and transgression.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #8
                So I just read that this girl is not any kind of professional singer, is 13, and the video and song she sang was all part of a $2,000.00 "vanity package" that her mom got her. You know- just for fun.


                Wow, do I feel like an asshole. :igiveup:


                http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele....html?hpt=Sbin
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • old_gregg
                  scaly man fish
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 16915

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  So I just read that this girl is not any kind of professional singer, is 13, and the video and song she sang was all part of a $2,000.00 "vanity package" that her mom got her. You know- just for fun.


                  Wow, do I feel like an asshole. :igiveup:


                  http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cele....html?hpt=Sbin
                  for $2k that ain't a bad quality video
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37976

                    #10
                    I think its pretty good. Shame on you, leet.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • 1337coug
                      Junior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 578

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Wow. I thought that was an SNL Digital Short without a punchline.



                      She reminds me of Nasim Pedrad's nerdy high school character that just talks up her dad the whole time to her peers and doesn't engage with her age group.
                      I actually watched it through a couple times looking for the punchline the first time I saw it.
                      She was on Good Morning America yesterday for this. As of right now, her song is #21 on itunes and the video is approaching 22 million views. I've actually been checking back in with this video expecting her to say "just kidding everyone, it was a joke!" but it hasn't happened yet.

                      [YOUTUBE]9NOHFy1Arf8[/YOUTUBE]

                      Comment

                      • marsupial
                        Mississippi Queen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3678

                        #12
                        She's a cute girl that had fun making a video with her friends. The song is pretty bad, but I couldn't do better. I don't know why people are so mean. She'll be gone in a week. That's how it is with youtube fame. Unless you're Justin Bieber.
                        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                        -Teenage Dirtbag

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #13
                          I don't get the hate. The girl isn't a professional but actually put together something half way decent. Sure the song is terrible, but I wish I had a viral video with over 21 million views and growing.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #14
                            I dig it, helps me remember what day to party.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • woot
                              Resident Science Cop
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5531

                              #15
                              It sounds like she had nothing to do with the song, and it was just presented to her as one of two options for her vanity music video for a birthday party or something. I agree it's horrific, and I'll be annoyed if it gets any non-ironic popularity, but it just seems like a bit of fun.

                              Comment

                              Working...