Peace Be Unto You, My Brethren

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #46
    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I get that a lot. The Carpenters wrote a song about me. It was ranked #1 for four consecutive weeks in 1970.
    "Wuapinmon and Mondays always get me down"?
    Last edited by creekster; 02-25-2009, 06:26 PM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #47
      Originally posted by creekster View Post
      "Wuapinmon and Mondays always let me down"?
      _w_
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #48
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        I get that a lot. The Carpenters wrote a song about me.
        before you were born? That's impressive.

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #49
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          You need to upgrade to the latest version of MW. It's all about guns, ammo, and the pending apocalypse now.
          And he is giving Hallelujah a run for his money in the 'Obama-hating.' As one who cares about the fellow, it is tough to watch.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #50
            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            As one who cares about the fellow, it is tough to watch.

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #51
              Yep, I've just come to terms with that. It is like this -- I hope the best for the guy and his family, and I enjoy remembering the fun we had, and I regret that things took such a turn that the future won't have more fun times. I think he is bright and creative, and often has a perspective worth reading. And taken all together that looks 'creepy' to some, and I'm ok with that. So Caring Is Creepy is a great song.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #52
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                Yep, I've just come to terms with that. It is like this -- I hope the best for the guy and his family, and I enjoy remembering the fun we had, and I regret that things took such a turn that the future won't have more fun times. I think he is bright and creative, and often has a perspective worth reading. And taken all together that looks 'creepy' to some, and I'm ok with that. So Caring Is Creepy is a great song.
                It is one of my less favorite songs on the disc, but still a great song.

                I love One by One All Day, Know Your Onion, and of course, New Slang.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • UtahDan
                  *
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14496

                  #53
                  Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  "Wuapinmon and Mondays always get me down"?
                  It's a dirty old shame when all you get from love is wuapinmon.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #54
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    It is one of my less favorite songs on the disc, but still a great song.

                    I love One by One All Day, Know Your Onion, and of course, New Slang.
                    Very good songs. I need to put that album back in the rotation.

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #55
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Very good songs. I need to put that album back in the rotation.
                      I was listening to Chutes Too Narrow the other day. My kids love "St Simon." There is a nice singalong part with all the "la da da da."

                      My kids are already considered oddballs by our ward friends...at least music-wise. We were riding in the car to Diz with another guy and his kid. I was with my daughter. The guy puts in this CD with kiddie something or other on it.....I don't know what it was. It was one of those "wheels on the bus go round and round" compilation discs, I guess. My daughter asked if we could listen to Vampire Weekend. My friend asks, "how does she know Vampire Weekend?" It was a great moment.

                      My MIL has previously expressed concern because my kids also like The New Pornographers disc, Electric Version. I will admit that it was a little embarrassing having my kids ask for the "No No" song by "New Pornographers."
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #56
                        My daughter Marley's favorite song is a tie between "Lively Up Yourself" by Bob Marley and "Stickshifts and Safetybelts" by Cake.

                        I love her so much.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • UtahDan
                          *
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14496

                          #57
                          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          My daughter Marley's favorite song is a tie between "Lively Up Yourself" by Bob Marley and "Stickshifts and Safetybelts" by Cake.

                          I love her so much.
                          Lol. When my wife or I want the other to sit closer on the couch we pull a sad face and say "not way over in a bucket seat." Dopey, I know. But Cake is in our lexicon and that is not the only example.

                          Comment

                          • Clark Addison
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10303

                            #58
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            My daughter asked if we could listen to Vampire Weekend. My friend asks, "how does she know Vampire Weekend?" It was a great moment.
                            Does she sing along with Oxford Comma?

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #59
                              Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Does she sing along with Oxford Comma?
                              I skip that one, and a few others. She doesn't mind. She simply says, "Who gives a fetch about an Oxford Comma?"
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...