Peace Be Unto You, My Brethren

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    Peace Be Unto You, My Brethren

    Dudes and Chicks,

    I wanted to reiterate my cyber love for all my CUF contemporaries. One of the things I really enjoy about this group is the ability to let discussions go, get a bit heated, and then allow self-moderation and cooler heads to prevail.

    I don't like to bag on CB because there are some good folks over there, but cowboy's thread is an example of something that could have been deleted very quickly. Had that happened, we would have missed out on some interesting dialogue.

    I appreciate the opinions, esp the dissenting ones, and the ability to step back afterwards and head off to the next topic. This is our own little School of the Prophets, minus the tobacco spittin', the poor dental hygiene and the polygamous relations (speaking for myself, of course). Also minus actual Prophets or authority, but you get my point.

    I have adopted a new position for when debates get heated. A way to signal to folks that while I disgaree, I still have love and possible homoerotic feelings for you. I found it on the web a long time ago and was saving it for the day when He returned to our fold. It was supposed to be a ceremonial thing, but since it appears that the day may never arrive, I think it is fitting that His image be used to invoke peace and fraternity.

    Btw, yes I found this on the web as is. I have no idea why it exists or what purpose it serves, but when I stumbled across it, I felt the sudden rush of adrenaline that only guys like Pizarro and Magellan must have felt as they spotted land off in the horizon.

    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #2
    Well said. And brilliant find.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #3
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Dudes and Chicks,

      I wanted to reiterate my cyber love for all my CUF contemporaries. One of the things I really enjoy about this group is the ability to let discussions go, get a bit heated, and then allow self-moderation and cooler heads to prevail.

      I don't like to bag on CB because there are some good folks over there, but cowboy's thread is an example of something that could have been deleted very quickly. Had that happened, we would have missed out on some interesting dialogue.

      I appreciate the opinions, esp the dissenting ones, and the ability to step back afterwards and head off to the next topic. This is our own little School of the Prophets, minus the tobacco spittin', the poor dental hygiene and the polygamous relations (speaking for myself, of course). Also minus actual Prophets or authority, but you get my point.

      I have adopted a new position for when debates get heated. A way to signal to folks that while I disgaree, I still have love and possible homoerotic feelings for you. I found it on the web a long time ago and was saving it for the day when He returned to our fold. It was supposed to be a ceremonial thing, but since it appears that the day may never arrive, I think it is fitting that His image be used to invoke peace and fraternity.

      Btw, yes I found this on the web as is. I have no idea why it exists or what purpose it serves, but when I stumbled across it, I felt the sudden rush of adrenaline that only guys like Pizarro and Magellan must have felt as they spotted land off in the horizon.


      F--- Off!
      Last edited by cougjunkie; 02-24-2009, 02:38 PM.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • cowboy
        Homer Weems
        • Dec 2008
        • 5740

        #4
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I appreciate the opinions, esp the dissenting ones, and the ability to step back afterwards and head off to the next topic. This is our own little School of the Prophets, minus the tobacco spittin', the poor dental hygiene and the polygamous relations (speaking for myself, of course). Also minus actual Prophets or authority, but you get my point.
        I feel the same. I love talking with people who don't always share my point of view. This forum is an excellent place to discuss multidimensional topics that have no right or wrong answers.
        sigpic
        "Outlined against a blue, gray
        October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
        Grantland Rice, 1924

        Comment

        • beelzebabette
          Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
          • Nov 2008
          • 2907

          #5
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          F--- Off!
          If this is an attempt to drive people like me away, that's fair, and I don't begrudge you the attempt.

          Comment

          • Soccermom
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 4063

            #6
            Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            I feel the same. I love talking with people who don't always share my point of view. This forum is an excellent place to discuss multidimensional topics that have no right or wrong answers.
            If cowboy's seconding those sentiments, I'm thirding them.

            That picture made me laugh too even though I'm not sure as to the history behind it all.

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #7
              Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
              If this is an attempt to drive people like me away, that's fair, and I don't begrudge you the attempt.
              I think my reading that foul phrase was the equivalent of punching my dead grandmother in the boob. Our deceased ancestors who watch over us weep when people like cougjunkie come along.

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #8
                Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                If this is an attempt to drive people like me away, that's fair, and I don't begrudge you the attempt.
                I edited it, I apologize if you were offended in anyway.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I edited it, I apologize if you were offended in anyway.
                  See! It is working already! The Spirit of Archaea is alive in all of us!

                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #10
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    See! It is working already! The Spirit of Archaea is alive in all of us!

                    So Robin is coming out of Archaea? It all makes sense to me now.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                      Time to camp
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26082

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      See! It is working already! The Spirit of Archaea is alive in all of us!

                      That picture does bring out homoerotic feelings in me. Anyone want to webcam chat tonight?
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

                      Comment

                      • il Padrino Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19161

                        #12
                        I simply add names to the list.
                        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #13
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          That picture does bring out homoerotic feelings in me. Anyone want to webcam chat tonight?
                          You've got mail.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #14
                            3D, you are lucky for creekster's TKO or you would have suffered some serious brain damage.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • RobinFinderson
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10548

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              3D, you are lucky for creekster's TKO or you would have suffered some serious brain damage.
                              Hey now, DDD still had a few of us rubbing him down with coconut oil by the end of that thread... me, Surfah, Rocky and FN Phat. We probably had a pretty good setup for beach volley ball, and DDD was ready to split the wards at the rate we were growing. So I think your declared victory comes a bit premature.

                              Comment

                              Working...