iPod Touch Broken Screen

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18029

    #16
    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    My #1 plan right now is to send my daughter into the Apple store and have her cry her eyes out while telling them her father will beat her if he finds out she broke her ipod.
    This plan has worked. My brother bought an iPad for his autistic son, which has really helped him "connect" more. One day he left it on top of his car and drove off. He had a grip type of protector on it, so it unfortunately stayed on the roof until he hit near highway speeds. Needless to say, the screen was obliterated.

    The iPad was a pretty big purchase for them, so they tried the sympathy route. My sister in law took it into an Apple Store, told her the story, (I assume with some tears) and they gave her a new one, no charge.

    Does your daughter have the chops to convince an Apple Store employee? If so, I say go for it
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Clark Addison
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10311

      #17
      Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      This plan has worked. My brother bought an iPad for his autistic son, which has really helped him "connect" more. One day he left it on top of his car and drove off. He had a grip type of protector on it, so it unfortunately stayed on the roof until he hit near highway speeds. Needless to say, the screen was obliterated.

      The iPad was a pretty big purchase for them, so they tried the sympathy route. My sister in law took it into an Apple Store, told her the story, (I assume with some tears) and they gave her a new one, no charge.

      Does your daughter have the chops to convince an Apple Store employee? If so, I say go for it

      My original post was almost a year ago, but yes, it did pretty much work. I took in the iPod to the Apple Store, explained what happened, and threw myself at the mercy of the genius bar. They replaced the iPod, either for free or a nominal cost, I forget which.

      Comment

      • Northwestcoug
        Cocked and Loaded
        • May 2011
        • 18029

        #18
        Sweet! N=2 now. I'll have to remember this when the kids inevitably break my screen.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37987

          #19
          Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
          My original post was almost a year ago, but yes, it did pretty much work. I took in the iPod to the Apple Store, explained what happened, and threw myself at the mercy of the genius bar. They replaced the iPod, either for free or a nominal cost, I forget which.
          Did you purchase the ipod at an apple store? My friend recently bought an ipod touch for his daughter who is developmentally delayed. Then he, not she, dropped it in the washing machine on accident. He bought it at Best Buy, but they wouldn't do much for him (they offered him $30 off the price of a new one).
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • Clark Addison
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10311

            #20
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Did you purchase the ipod at an apple store? My friend recently bought an ipod touch for his daughter who is developmentally delayed. Then he, not she, dropped it in the washing machine on accident. He bought it at Best Buy, but they wouldn't do much for him (they offered him $30 off the price of a new one).
            I did not. I am pretty sure I got it from Costco.com.

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #21
              Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
              I did not. I am pretty sure I got it from Costco.com.
              Excellent. I will pass this tactic on to my friend.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              Working...