Words you always misspell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #16
    Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Nessacery is my nemasis.
    Looks like your enemies are legion.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Jacob
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 6801

      #17
      Agreement. I always spell it Agreemnet. But this is really just my incompetent typing. Also: maintenance.

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #18
        Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        Agreement. I always spell it Agreemnet. But this is really just my incompetent typing. Also: maintenance.
        Yes, we should draw a clear distinction between typos and misspellings.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • scottie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 5247

          #19
          The few times I've needed to spell it -- diarrhea. I also have a hard time with the word hilarious, usually try to make it a double-L or double-R.

          Comment

          • happyone
            Board Bookworm
            • Mar 2009
            • 5398

            #20
            Probably the most embrassing spelling mishap I ever suffered through happened to me was in an English 101 class as a freshman in college - we were writing a theme in class and I forgot how to spell "of", "of" just didn't look right and 'ov' definately wasn't right. Try and write a 500 word essay and don't use the word "of".

            Amoung many other words, I have trouble spelling - tomorrow, I always want to put in double m's

            I may be small, but I'm slow.

            A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #21
              Caribbean
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • ERCougar
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10978

                #22
                Hemorrhage. The only reason I know it's right now is that the cell phone pulled it up for me. I usually just write the last half of the word really sloppily.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                Comment

                • happyone
                  Board Bookworm
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 5398

                  #23
                  Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                  Hemorrhage. The only reason I know it's right now is that the cell phone pulled it up for me. I usually just write the last half of the word really sloppily.
                  Isn't that a required class in Med school?

                  I may be small, but I'm slow.

                  A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #24
                    Maxillary
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • Indy Coug
                      Heartless Bastard
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 18747

                      #25
                      Beauracracy Bureaucracy
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

                      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                      Comment

                      • Non Sequitur
                        Where did I put my bodkin
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5773

                        #26
                        Mammory.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                        Comment

                        • oxcoug
                          Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 5309

                          #27
                          Connoisseur
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                          It can't all be wedding cake.

                          Comment

                          • oxcoug
                            Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5309

                            #28
                            Exhilarating.
                            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                            It can't all be wedding cake.

                            Comment

                            • Northwestcoug
                              Cocked and Loaded
                              • May 2011
                              • 18039

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                              Color vs. Colour

                              U are not a yankee.

                              No need to thankmee.
                              I used to be screwed up with British spelling. I did part of my schooling in Canada, and my wife is Canadian.

                              Colour vs. color
                              Centre vs. center
                              saviour vs. savior
                              flavour vs. flavor

                              etc. etc.

                              I've been back in the states for 10+ years, so I've mostly reverted back to American spelling. But just don't ask me to pronunciate 'capillary' or 'skeletal'.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

                              Comment

                              • LiveCoug
                                LA Ute loves me
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18489

                                #30
                                I still can't spell neccesary

                                Comment

                                Working...