How well-traveled is the CUF collective?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    How well-traveled is the CUF collective?

    From the LA Times Travel desk.....10 Places to Visit in 2009.

    Our writers bring you the most fascinating destinations on the West Coast.


    Of the 10, I have only been to 2. Not very impressive, and I feel like I have traveled a decent bit. Clearly I have work to do.

    How many places on this list have been trodden under foot by you?

    And collectively, does CUF cover all 4 corners of the globe?

    The List:

    1. Alaska
    2. Botswana
    3. Hawaii
    4. Katmandu Valley
    5. Malacca, Malaysia
    6. Scottish borders
    7. Syria
    8. Utah Highway 12
    9. Valparaiso, Chile
    10. Warsaw, Poland

    I have only been to Hawaii and Utah 12 on this list. Likely the 2 most pedestrian of the 10.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #2
    Not particularly well-traveled here (although I love to travel...). I've been to 3.

    I'm biased, but I'm impressed they picked out Hwy 12, which is some of the coolest and most unique scenery on the planet.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      Not particularly well-traveled here (although I love to travel...). I've been to 3.

      I'm biased, but I'm impressed they picked out Hwy 12, which is some of the coolest and most unique scenery on the planet.
      it would be helpful if you were to list the 3.

      agreed on hwy 12. awesome stuff.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        I have only been to Hawaii and Utah 12 on this list. Likely the 2 most pedestrian of the 10.
        Same here.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • myboynoah
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 21719

          #5
          3, 7, and 8
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

          Comment

          • ERCougar
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10978

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            it would be helpful if you were to list the 3.

            agreed on hwy 12. awesome stuff.
            Sorry...just add Alaska to yours.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

            Comment

            • PaloAltoCougar
              Semper infra dignitatem
              • Nov 2008
              • 16937

              #7
              1,3,6 and 8.

              Plus, I've been to Paradise but I've never been to me.

              Comment

              • RobinFinderson
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 10548

                #8
                I've hitchhiked through Scotland, so add that to the list. Other than that I have only been to Utah (though I have been in Poland, just now Warsaw).

                Comment

                • Mormon Red Death
                  BYU Delenda Est
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8077

                  #9
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  From the LA Times Travel desk.....10 Places to Visit in 2009.

                  Our writers bring you the most fascinating destinations on the West Coast.


                  Of the 10, I have only been to 2. Not very impressive, and I feel like I have traveled a decent bit. Clearly I have work to do.

                  How many places on this list have been trodden under foot by you?

                  And collectively, does CUF cover all 4 corners of the globe?

                  The List:





                  I have only been to Hawaii and Utah 12 on this list. Likely the 2 most pedestrian of the 10.
                  6. Scottish borders
                  8. Utah Highway 12
                  "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

                  "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #10
                    I've visited two:

                    Alaska - went there with the in-laws to pick up my wife's youngest brother after his mission. Great fly fishing.

                    Highway 12 - Dad grew up in Escalante, so I've spent a ton of my life in that part of Utah. One of my favorite places on the planet. If folks here haven't spent some time camping at Calf Creek, do yourselves a favor and do it.

                    I've not been to Valparaiso, Chile, but I have been to Valparaiso, Indiana and seen Orville Redenbacher's house. Is that an acceptable substitute?
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #11
                      We had some Scottish Boarders once, but they trashed the place and we kicked them out.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • ERCougar
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10978

                        #12
                        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                        Highway 12 - Dad grew up in Escalante, so I've spent a ton of my life in that part of Utah. One of my favorite places on the planet. If folks here haven't spent some time camping at Calf Creek, do yourselves a favor and do it.
                        Took the kids up to Calf Creek falls last summer. The hike was a little long for my 4-yo but those falls are just amazing.
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #13
                          I'm pretty well-traveled. In the last month alone I've been to Bellevue, Issaquah and Federal Way.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            We had some Scottish Boarders once, but they trashed the place and we kicked them out.
                            Creekster will be here all week folks.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                              Took the kids up to Calf Creek falls last summer. The hike was a little long for my 4-yo but those falls are just amazing.
                              Did you go to the upper or lower falls?

                              The hike can be a bit much for a small child, but you're right, it's certainly worth it.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...