In-n-Out Burger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 38003

    #136
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    I will say this about Asa Ramen though. I eat there 1-2 times a week. It is really good, but also pretty inconsistent. The broth ranges from good to great on even given day. It is never bad, but there are times it is just so much better than others.



    I guess it is better than getting busy in a Burger King bathroom.
    Always a good time for a Humpty Dance reference.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69752

      #137
      Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      I will say this about Asa Ramen though. I eat there 1-2 times a week. It is really good, but also pretty inconsistent. The broth ranges from good to great on even given day. It is never bad, but there are times it is just so much better than others.

      I guess it is better than getting busy in a Burger King bathroom.
      You ever try the ramen at Yamato's? I have not. Good spot overall.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18763

        #138
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        You ever try the ramen at Yamato's? I have not. Good spot overall.
        I haven't tried it. I think that I went to Yamato's once sometime around 11 years ago. I'll have to give it a try sometime.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69752

          #139
          Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          I haven't tried it. I think that I went to Yamato's once sometime around 11 years ago. I'll have to give it a try sometime.
          It is our local go-to spot for sushi. Entree's are not bad.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 38003

            #140
            Get this ramen shit out of the burger thread. PATY.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • MartyFunkhouser
              Disciple of RNGesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 18763

              #141
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              It is our local go-to spot for sushi. Entree's are not bad.
              What's your opinion on Itto Sushi? That is my go-to in Utah County for sushi.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69752

                #142
                Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                What's your opinion on Itto Sushi? That is my go-to in Utah County for sushi.
                Have not tried it yet. I have heard good things.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • MartyFunkhouser
                  Disciple of RNGesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18763

                  #143
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Have not tried it yet. I have heard good things.
                  It is really good. Actually one of my favorites in state. It also is really reasonably priced, especially if you go on Tuesday/Wednesday or during lunch hours.

                  They also have sake, but you don't care about that.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #144
                    Five Guys is good. But it's not $15+ for a burger, fries, and shake good. It is almost criminal what they charge, not unlike what Shake Shack charges for cafeteria lunch crinkle cut fries.

                    And this is where In N Out is supreme. Quality and terrific price. The value is way better than any other offering.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • BigFatMeanie
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7123

                      #145
                      After reading all these opinions on burgers, I'm fascinated by how much our assessment of food taste and specific places to eat is so wrapped up in our emotions/memories. Food taste definitely has some genetics involved (e.g. cilantro and different bitter receptors in the tonge) but it's so interesting how someone who ate comparative garbage as a child/teen will look back fondly on that garbage and want to eat it again.

                      The grocery business has done significant research brand choices and shopping habits. Brand choices change on average less than a generation because so often people have affinity for the brands they grew up with.

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13981

                        #146
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Their pickles are heads and shoulders above In N Out's.
                        Are they Claussen style?
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • Green Monstah
                          Royal Rooter
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 13981

                          #147
                          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          I won’t try to argue five guys quality - I’ll just say their burgers just do it for me. Not sure I can explain it. Though to your point, the grilled onions, mushrooms, bbq sauce, tomatoes and mayo certainly don’t hurt.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I undertand that. Sometimes I just want a burger with A-1 sauce on it. And that is when I go to Five Guys.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69752

                            #148
                            Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            It is really good. Actually one of my favorites in state. It also is really reasonably priced, especially if you go on Tuesday/Wednesday or during lunch hours.

                            They also have sake, but you don't care about that.
                            I just looked at the Itto menu. 70% of the specialty rolls feature deep-fried something. Ugh... Not my cup of tea.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Bo Diddley
                              Senior
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 18818

                              #149
                              Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I undertand that. Sometimes I just want a burger with A-1 sauce on it. And that is when I go to Five Guys.
                              Yeah, been thinking about why I like it so much. I think it's simply everything they put on it. Nothing special in and of itself, just a good mix.

                              My favorite burger is homemade. Throw it on low smoke for an hour, then finish on the sear box. I like using the 1/3 pound ground sirloin patties from Costco.

                              Comment

                              • MartyFunkhouser
                                Disciple of RNGesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18763

                                #150
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I just looked at the Itto menu. 70% of the specialty rolls feature deep-fried something. Ugh... Not my cup of tea.
                                I'm not a fan of the deep fried rolls either. I don't get them.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

                                Comment

                                Working...