I had to call Medicare to discuss some legal issues today. I couldn't find their legal department's direct number, so I called the main number. I was transferred to someone who I assumed would help me, and this is the conversation:
Me: (After explaining the situation a couple times) It's nothing against you--this would just go faster if I could talk to one of the lawyers.
Him: We don't have any lawyers.
Me: Yes, you do. Medicare has to have a huge legal department.
Him: Oh, you mean Congress!
Me: No, not Congress. I need to talk to the lawyers who sue people, respond to lawsuits, and make sure Medicare is complying with the law.
Him: There are a lot of lawyers in Congress.
Wow.
Me: (After explaining the situation a couple times) It's nothing against you--this would just go faster if I could talk to one of the lawyers.
Him: We don't have any lawyers.
Me: Yes, you do. Medicare has to have a huge legal department.
Him: Oh, you mean Congress!
Me: No, not Congress. I need to talk to the lawyers who sue people, respond to lawsuits, and make sure Medicare is complying with the law.
Him: There are a lot of lawyers in Congress.
Wow.
Comment