2008 CUFFY AWARDS: Best Gentile Poster

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gidget
    Philosophical Goldilocks
    • Nov 2008
    • 1312

    #16
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Not really. More pompous wind bag issues. But, again, that is speaking only for myself.
    LOL funny stuff
    I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

    You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #17
      Originally posted by creekster View Post
      It sounded more like the voice of a pompous windbag to me, but I am only spekaing for myself.
      An old fart named Creekster McCreek,
      Deaf to things said tongue in cheek,
      Leveled his index,
      Cleaned his bi-specs with Windex,
      And cried out, "My Depends sprung a leak!"

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #18
        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        An old fart named Creekster McCreek,
        Deaf to things said tongue in cheek,
        Leveled his index,
        Cleaned his bi-specs with Windex,
        And Cried out, "My Depends sprung a leak!"
        Here's the thing: tongue in cheek is funny for, say, the first 10 or 20 posts. After that, it seems (at least here) a little too, well, self-satisfied.

        Again, speaking only for myself.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #19
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Here's the thing: tongue in cheek is funny for, say, the first 10 or 20 posts. After that, it seems (at least here) a little too, well, self-satisfied.

          Again, speaking only for myself.
          It's a leitmotif.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #20
            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            An old fart named Creekster McCreek,
            Deaf to things said tongue in cheek,
            Leveled his index,
            Cleaned his bi-specs with Windex,
            And cried out, "My Depends sprung a leak!"
            He's not a monkey but he's an ape,
            Lives in the land of the vineyard grape,
            Down by the creek but not in a van,
            You can tell he's not Robin's number one fan,
            So he can't make a post without a typo,
            I can't think of a hypo,
            Where creekster isn't the best.

            I don't care that the last line doesn't rhyme.

            Comment

            • beelzebabette
              Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
              • Nov 2008
              • 2907

              #21
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Here's the thing: tongue in cheek is funny for, say, the first 10 or 20 posts. After that, it seems (at least here) a little too, well, self-satisfied.

              Again, speaking only for myself.
              Not to be putting words in RF's mouth, as he's happy to do for womankind, but I'm pretty sure Robin's smart enough to know he sounds like a buffoon. For the sake of CUF entertainment, he appears to be taking one for the team to keep the rest of us amused with his representation.

              I understand the rest of you married folk go home, make eyes at your wife without speaking to her while avoiding eye contact with all females at work. It leaves me grateful I have Robin to act as my voice, and I will speak up in his defense.

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #22
                Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                Not to be putting words in RF's mouth, as he's happy to do for womankind, but I'm pretty sure Robin's smart enough to know he sounds like a buffoon. For the sake of CUF entertainment, he appears to be taking one for the team to keep the rest of us amused with his representation.

                I understand the rest of you married folk go home, make eyes at your wife without speaking to her while avoiding eye contact with all females at work. It leaves me grateful I have Robin to act as my voice, and I will speak up in his defense.
                you are not giving robinfinderson enough credit. he is also the self-appointed voice for atheist windbaggery, as well.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • RobinFinderson
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10548

                  #23
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  you are not giving robinfinderson enough credit. he is also the self-appointed voice for atheist windbaggery, as well.
                  And the man who gave birth to the Mormon Poetry Movement (MPM).

                  P.S. Well done YOhio. The father of the MPM approves.

                  Comment

                  • beelzebabette
                    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2907

                    #24
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    you are not giving robinfinderson enough credit. he is also the self-appointed voice for atheist windbaggery, as well.
                    That may be true, but until that makes his member status, I will stay on topic.

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25271

                      #25
                      This whole thread is pretty damn funny. Nice work, all.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • beelzebabette
                        Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2907

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        This whole thread is pretty damn funny. Nice work, all.
                        As the self-appointed spokesman for this thread, by virtue of the fact I participated in it, I thank you on behalf of the other participants.

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #27
                          Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                          The father of the MPM approves.
                          As TD can attest, your numerous claims to fatherhood ring false.

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #28
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            He's not a monkey but he's an ape,
                            Lives in the land of the vineyard grape,
                            Down by the creek but not in a van,
                            You can tell he's not Robin's number one fan,
                            So he can't make a post without a typo,
                            I can't think of a hypo,
                            Where creekster isn't the best.

                            I don't care that the last line doesn't rhyme.
                            Now THAT's good poetry!
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #29
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              As TD can attest, your numerous claims to fatherhood ring false.
                              Save one....the Father of all Lies.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • RobinFinderson
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10548

                                #30
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                you are not giving robinfinderson enough credit. he is also the self-appointed voice for atheist windbaggery, as well.
                                Add to that 'Wall Street Rock Star.'

                                So many hats, but only one head. Lucky for me it is a big one.
                                Last edited by RobinFinderson; 01-30-2009, 08:17 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...