Activities with your spouse

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #16
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    only 1 kid.
    She'll be off to college when I'm 43. Granted, she wants to stay here for college, but plans on going elsewhere for graduate school. 47, and an empty house. 46 if she takes lots of classes. woo hoo!
    You're getting close to that age. As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Lucky!"

    As for me, when my youngest gradates high school, I will be 55.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

    Comment

    • Brian
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 2164

      #17
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      You're getting close to that age. As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Lucky!"

      As for me, when my youngest gradates high school, I will be 55.
      Yes, and no. I really have fun with her, and it will be hard to see her head off without me....

      But, looking forward to becoming an old couple together. We need to start thinking of some hobbies... we both like yardwork, reading, travel, photography.

      we're likely to get pretty boring.
      I intend to live forever.
      So far, so good.
      --Steven Wright

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #18
        Originally posted by Brian View Post
        Yes, and no. I really have fun with her, and it will be hard to see her head off without me....

        But, looking forward to becoming an old couple together. We need to start thinking of some hobbies... we both like yardwork, reading, travel, photography.

        we're likely to get pretty boring.
        We're looking forward to it as well, mostly because our interests haven't diverged that much in 11 years. We both like sports and outdoorsy stuff.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #19
          Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
          Oh, the joys of marrying late. I'm 42, and we have four kids - 12, 11, 2, and 10 months.

          We would like to just sleep. No, that's not a euphemism.
          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          Wow. I'm the complete opposite end of the spectrum. By the time I'm 42, I'll have kids of 18, 14 and 11.
          I'll have kids 19, 17, 15, 13, 11, 8, and 6 when I hit 42.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • CJF
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8497

            #20
            Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            Wow. I'm the complete opposite end of the spectrum. By the time I'm 42, I'll have kids of 18, 14 and 11.
            My oldest (and only right now) will be 7 when I'm 42. I'm now depressed.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment

            • Scott R Nelson
              UofU/BYU mixed marriage
              • Apr 2010
              • 1508

              #21
              Originally posted by CJF View Post
              My oldest (and only right now) will be 7 when I'm 42. I'm now depressed.
              Speaking of 42, I didn't have any grandchildren when I was 42, but now there are a full dozen of them. Age 42 is ancient history for some of us.

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27877

                #22
                Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Wow. I'm the complete opposite end of the spectrum. By the time I'm 42, I'll have kids of 18, 14 and 11.
                Me too. I should have all kids out of the house and in college by the time I turn 50. Starting a family while you are young is not as bad as some people make it out to be as long as it's done right.

                I hope my time after the kids move out is full of a lot of golf and travel.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • The_Tick
                  Made something of myself
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7291

                  #23
                  I am sending my first kid to college at 35. Last kid at 40. Will be nice.

                  Comment

                  • FN Phat
                    I ♥ gateway sex
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 8691

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    I'll have kids 19, 17, 15, 13, 11, 8, and 6 when I hit 42.
                    Not too hard to figure out what activity you and your spouse enjoy
                    I'm your huckleberry.


                    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                    Comment

                    • xena
                      Warrior Princess
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 113

                      #25
                      TRAVEL

                      Yes, traveling is very generic, but the right kind of travel for your wife is the ticket. Of course, if she hates to go anywhere, then this is no help. Some people like adventure and are willing to engage in new, exciting and unexpected things. If this is not your wife, then go to a tropical resort. Start out with that.

                      Everyone loves to travel on some level. At best, you end up in Phuket, Thailand (please, please), and at worst, you end up at a resort in Park City (or some similarly situated resort town in off-season). Either way, your wife is getting away, and she WILL appreciate that, FWIW.

                      Comment

                      Working...