This is not funny

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69676

    #1

    This is not funny

    May 24th and we get snow. Only about one inch, but still...
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #2
    :nana:
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37973

      #3
      How do you think I feel? It was 66 degrees in Las Vegas yesterday!
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Borg
        Tour de CS 2013?
        • Dec 2008
        • 1501

        #4
        I agree. Up until now...I've just kind of shrugged it off and laughed. Now...I'm starting to get miffed. It is really frustrating, and has seriously dampened my outdoor time on the bike!!!

        We gonna do the Nebo loop again this summer?
        "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

        Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69676

          #5
          Originally posted by Borg View Post
          I agree. Up until now...I've just kind of shrugged it off and laughed. Now...I'm starting to get miffed. It is really frustrating, and has seriously dampened my outdoor time on the bike!!!

          We gonna do the Nebo loop again this summer?
          I would like to. May another September CUF biking event.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • The_Tick
            Made something of myself
            • Nov 2008
            • 7291

            #6
            I have no complaints. We are usually in the high 90's by now. Yesterday was 67. I will take it.

            Helps my power bill.

            Comment

            • I.J. Reilly
              Nobody's Fool
              • Apr 2009
              • 2949

              #7
              I have really enjoyed the mild spring up until today. The snow was just too much. It's no fun to have to walk around in slush.

              Comment

              • thesaint258
                aka Benito Hazard
                • Jan 2009
                • 3005

                #8
                Our office manager spent a lot of money getting new plants for her garden, and she finished planting everything yesterday. Needless to say, she isn't too thrilled this morning.
                Not that, sickos.

                Comment

                • I.J. Reilly
                  Nobody's Fool
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2949

                  #9
                  Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                  Our office manager spent a lot of money getting new plants for her garden, and she finished planting everything yesterday. Needless to say, she isn't too thrilled this morning.
                  I transplanted all of my stuff on Saturday, figuring the worst weather was over. Imagine my surprise this morning when I had to jump out of bed and throw a tarp over everything that I spent hours planting. I'm beginning to wonder who I can sue over this.

                  Comment

                  • cowboy
                    Homer Weems
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 5740

                    #10
                    Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                    I transplanted all of my stuff on Saturday, figuring the worst weather was over. Imagine my surprise this morning when I had to jump out of bed and throw a tarp over everything that I spent hours planting. I'm beginning to wonder who I can sue over this.
                    How cold was it? We had 28 yesterday morning. Tomatoes dead. I left my house in 38 and rain this morning and am in MSP and it is 84. Anyone know the temp in New York?
                    sigpic
                    "Outlined against a blue, gray
                    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

                    Comment

                    • thesaint258
                      aka Benito Hazard
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3005

                      #11
                      Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                      I transplanted all of my stuff on Saturday, figuring the worst weather was over. Imagine my surprise this morning when I had to jump out of bed and throw a tarp over everything that I spent hours planting. I'm beginning to wonder who I can sue over this.
                      I hope you saved everything.
                      Not that, sickos.

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25266

                        #12
                        Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                        I transplanted all of my stuff on Saturday, figuring the worst weather was over. Imagine my surprise this morning when I had to jump out of bed and throw a tarp over everything that I spent hours planting. I'm beginning to wonder who I can sue over this.
                        Not to snow on your pity parade, but our tomatoes, squash, and peppers are really, really enjoying the mild Las Vegas spring. Usually by this point we are well into the 90s, and the plants start to suffer. I know next to nothing about bilogy and/or horticulture, but the excessive heat seems to really slow the growing process. Last year we didn't get our first tomatoes until mid to late June, but this year it looks like we'll have some ready by this weekend.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • Jarid in Cedar
                          CS Institutional Memory
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 13234

                          #13
                          We have had measureable snow every week since the last week of January. baseball has been a disaster this year.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                          -Rick Majerus

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                            I transplanted all of my stuff on Saturday, figuring the worst weather was over. Imagine my surprise this morning when I had to jump out of bed and throw a tarp over everything that I spent hours planting. I'm beginning to wonder who I can sue over this.
                            The IPCC.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • I.J. Reilly
                              Nobody's Fool
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 2949

                              #15
                              Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                              How cold was it? We had 28 yesterday morning. Tomatoes dead. I left my house in 38 and rain this morning and am in MSP and it is 84. Anyone know the temp in New York?
                              Not sure exactly how cold it was. My guess is that it was probably 34-36 since the snow was sticking to the grass, cars and roofs, but not to the streets or sidewalks. I'm hoping it didn't drop down low enough overnight to kill off my tomatoes.

                              Also, it appears to be 76, cloudy and slightly windy in NYC right now.

                              Comment

                              Working...