I want to buy a long gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kccougar
    9262
    • Nov 2008
    • 7020

    #91
    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
    in June of 2008 that would have cost around $650-$700, new. In January 2009, it would have cost $850-$1000 which was the average price until the recent events sparked the frenzy, just to give you an idea of how much prices have moved.

    good luck finding ammo for it.
    I know. I also bought 200 rounds of 5.56mm ammo today from a private seller, which is really the only way to get it right now.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

    Comment

    • pellegrino
      miserere me
      • Jan 2009
      • 12100

      #92
      Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      I know. I also bought 200 rounds of 5.56mm ammo today from a private seller, which is really the only way to get it right now.
      it's incredibly frustrating how volatile markets can be.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

      pelagius

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #93
        so assuming some kind of ar ban doesn't pass, the glut of guns on the local market is going to be crazy. i'll buy then.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • kccougar
          9262
          • Nov 2008
          • 7020

          #94
          Originally posted by camleish View Post
          so assuming some kind of ar ban doesn't pass, the glut of guns on the local market is going to be crazy. i'll buy then.
          And I think it likely that a ban doesn't pass, although a magazine ban might. Prices should definitely drop although I don't know that there will be much of a glut because right now there is ZERO supply.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

          Comment

          • old_gregg
            scaly man fish
            • Nov 2009
            • 16915

            #95
            Originally posted by kccougar View Post
            And I think it likely that a ban doesn't pass, although a magazine ban might. Prices should definitely drop although I don't know that there will be much of a glut because right now there is ZERO supply.
            that's a good point. how far out are manufacturers on orders? 6 months?
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

            Comment

            • kccougar
              9262
              • Nov 2008
              • 7020

              #96
              Originally posted by camleish View Post
              that's a good point. how far out are manufacturers on orders? 6 months?
              Yes, about 6 months.
              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

              Comment

              • FN Phat
                I ♥ gateway sex
                • Feb 2009
                • 8691

                #97
                Nice piece, kcc
                I'm your huckleberry.


                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                Comment

                • thesaint258
                  aka Benito Hazard
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 3005

                  #98
                  Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                  And I think it likely that a ban doesn't pass, although a magazine ban might. Prices should definitely drop although I don't know that there will be much of a glut because right now there is ZERO supply.
                  There will be a ton of lightly used guns, though. People will realize they don't really want it, don't shoot it, etc. and will want the money, so they'll sell them. A guy I know sold his AR-15 for $2100 the last time there was a rush and bought it back from the same guy for $900 six month later.
                  Not that, sickos.

                  Comment

                  • hostile
                    lollygagger
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 5736

                    #99
                    My son just finished Hunter's Safety. I have an old Winchester 67A that he used for the shooting portion. It probably needs to be resighted, but he did fine. I've been looking for a Ruger 10/22, but they are in scarce supply. Today I got the Takedown model. Haven't told the boy yet.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                    Comment

                    • Drunk Tank
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 2569

                      #100
                      Originally posted by hostile View Post
                      My son just finished Hunter's Safety. I have an old Winchester 67A that he used for the shooting portion. It probably needs to be resighted, but he did fine. I've been looking for a Ruger 10/22, but they are in scarce supply. Today I got the Takedown model. Haven't told the boy yet.
                      Thats pretty sweet. I bought my daughter a Rossi .22/.410 takedown model. It was single shot and the trigger sucks and cocking the hammer sucked worse. I sold it and my sons Davey Cricket .22 and I am now in the in the market for new .22's. This looks like it could fit the bill nicely. I am eying a complete Tactical Solar custom 10/22 for me. As soon as I sell one of my AR's, I'm going to be on the hunt.
                      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                      Comment

                      • Colly Wolly
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1824

                        #101
                        In the last nine months I have purchased a SCAR 16s and a Sig 716 as I have watched western society move ever closer to the brink. Pretty happy with both after only a couple of trips out to west of Utah lake to shoot. I have put a Burris MTAC 1-4x scope on the Sig and it is great. Hit a steel target at 200 yards on the first shot after simply mounting the scope on the rifle. No zeroing at all. Was pretty stoked. Just iron sights on the SCAR at this point, but thinking of going EO Tech at some point.

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18802

                          #102
                          Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                          In the last nine months I have purchased a SCAR 16s and a Sig 716 as I have watched western society move ever closer to the brink. Pretty happy with both after only a couple of trips out to west of Utah lake to shoot. I have put a Burris MTAC 1-4x scope on the Sig and it is great. Hit a steel target at 200 yards on the first shot after simply mounting the scope on the rifle. No zeroing at all. Was pretty stoked. Just iron sights on the SCAR at this point, but thinking of going EO Tech at some point.
                          Cool equipment. Careful out there this time of year. We had a red flag warning today. I loved shooting iron sights only, but recently have used optics. My buddy has an EO Tech, and I've heard good things about it, but I've never used one.

                          Of course I'm not sure what we're on the brink of...

                          Comment

                          Working...