Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'm surprised by the people not having problems with Apple Maps, as it was bad enough that Apple apologized and told user that they should use something else while they fix it.

http://www.apple.com/letter-from-tim-cook-on-maps/
    From the article...

Google's map application for the iPhone did not give turn-by-turn directions or voice-guided navigation, although its version for Android devices does. Google didn't license its turn-by-turn technology to Apple.

Google, says Bajarin, simply "wouldn't give it" because the turn-by-turn feature gave devices running Google's Android software an obvious advantage over Apple. Maps and navigation are among the most-used features of smartphones.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      From the article...
      I realize why Apple went with their own solution. Also, with the patent practices of Apple, it as the right call for Google to not license the technology.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I realize why Apple went with their own solution. Also, with the patent practices of Apple, it as the right call for Google to not license the technology.
        My post was more in response to a couple earlier posts in the thread questioning whether Apple was withdrawing from Google or Google was withholding from Apple. But it's good to know that you understand the underlying dynamics of Apple's decision.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Heading home from work. Time to fire up my gps and hope I can find my way!
          You can't find your way home?
          Maybe you should catch a cab.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I'm surprised by the people not having problems with Apple Maps, as it was bad enough that Apple apologized and told user that they should use something else while they fix it.

http://www.apple.com/letter-from-tim-cook-on-maps/
            I used it on our trip to Arizona, and it worked fine. No apology needed, Apple!

Actually, I kind of wish now it hadn't worked while navigating us to Sun Devil stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              You can't find your way home?
              Maybe you should catch a cab.
              That's his other house, dummy!

Comment

• Going to Costco today. Going to fire up the GPS. Wish i had turn by turn to get me there. I can always stop and ask for directions, I suppose.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Going to Costco today. Going to fire up the GPS. Wish i had turn by turn to get me there. I can always stop and ask for directions, I suppose.
                  And risk getting your tall iphone jacked?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm not in love with my new iPhone yet.

I miss Swype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      I'm not in love with my new iPhone yet.

I miss Swype.
                      I have been using Swype for a few years now. I picked up SwiftKey because it was on sale to try out. I used it for about two weeks and actually really enjoyed it. The text prediction on that thing is pretty remarkable. But ultimately I missed Swype and reverted back. I wish that these two could combine their technologies. It'd be the ultimate keyboard.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• One nice change with iOS 6 is your password is no longer required in the App Store just to update apps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          I have been using Swype for a few years now. I picked up SwiftKey because it was on sale to try out. I used it for about two weeks and actually really enjoyed it. The text prediction on that thing is pretty remarkable. But ultimately I missed Swype and reverted back. I wish that these two could combine their technologies. It'd be the ultimate keyboard.
                          I switched to Swiftkey because of the cheap trial and I had had problems getting Swype installed on my S3. I was pretty happy with Swiftkey so it took until now to get around to reinstalling Swype. Oh my gosh--so much better. The new version of Swype has gotten rid of all the little bugs that I used to just put up with on my X. It's faster than typing now.
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• How do we know when the new iOS comes to the iPad? Or has it already and I just don't know how to check?
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

How do we know when the new iOS comes to the iPad? Or has it already and I just don't know how to check?
                              It came out a few days prior to the iPhone 5 release.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

How do we know when the new iOS comes to the iPad? Or has it already and I just don't know how to check?
                                I would guess it's the same as iPhones -- Settings > General > Software Update.

Comment

Working...
                                X