Flushable Wipes vs Toilet Paper

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • USUC
    Chronic Poseur
    • Apr 2010
    • 8794

    #91
    Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Asian toilets

    I've decided to hold it until I get back to the hotel room. I'm not sure if they are better or not because I have no idea how to use one and frankly I don't want to learn.
    I went to Japan with my Japanese roommate in 2000. I went to use the bathroom at a train station when he half-jokingly warned me to keep an eye out for hidden cameras in the hole. I waited until we got home.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    Comment

    • Pheidippides
      Liberal Feminazi
      • Nov 2008
      • 14759

      #92
      Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Asian toilets

      I've decided to hold it until I get back to the hotel room. I'm not sure if they are better or not because I have no idea how to use one and frankly I don't want to learn.
      It's not hard. It's actually a more natural position, but be sure to carry toilet paper and/or wipes. And like Coach says, the wrong time to learn is when the Peking Duck decides to start pecking your lower intestine with a vengeance.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69716

        #93
        Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
        It's not hard. It's actually a more natural position, but be sure to carry toilet paper and/or wipes. And like Coach says, the wrong time to learn is when the Peking Duck decides to start pecking your lower intestine with a vengeance.
        I was in China about 12 years ago visiting a university and I asked to go to the restroom. They took me to a big restroom with about ten filthy squatters and NO STALLS or doors of any kind. Just a line of a holes in the floor. About 5-6 people were in there staring at me as I walked in. I turned around and walked out and thanked Jesus that it wasn't an emergency.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Pheidippides
          Liberal Feminazi
          • Nov 2008
          • 14759

          #94
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I was in China about 12 years ago visiting a university and I asked to go to the restroom. They took me to a big restroom with about ten filthy squatters and NO STALLS or doors of any kind. Just a line of a holes in the floor. About 5-6 people were in there staring at me as I walked in. I turned around and walked out and thanked Jesus that it wasn't an emergency.
          Yeah, that's a problem, but not a specific Asian toilet problem (I had the same problem on one of my trips to china and had the same issue). You were in Japan a fair bit before I was - did they have a lot of western style toilets then?
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69716

            #95
            Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
            Yeah, that's a problem, but not a specific Asian toilet problem (I had the same problem on one of my trips to china and had the same issue). You were in Japan a fair bit before I was - did they have a lot of western style toilets then?
            Yes. Most homes had western style. We would typically only encounter the squatter in public restrooms. And that makes perfect sense from a hygiene point of view.

            And of course, the Japanese make the best western-style toilet in the world: the Toto Washlet.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #96
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Yes. Most homes had western style. We would typically only encounter the squatter in public restrooms. And that makes perfect sense from a hygiene point of view.

              And of course, the Japanese make the best western-style toilet in the world: the Toto Washlet.
              They've advanced it quite a bit, too. The washers I saw last year were light years ahead of the stuff in the mid 90s. I don't doubt that they had proprietary algorithms calculating the precise angle and pressure at which to deploy the water for maximum ass enjoyment.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • Shaka
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 10450

                #97
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                And of course, the Japanese make the best western-style toilet in the world: the Toto Washlet.
                I think I'm going to buy one of these things. Sounds delightful.

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #98
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #99
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I was in China about 12 years ago visiting a university and I asked to go to the restroom. They took me to a big restroom with about ten filthy squatters and NO STALLS or doors of any kind. Just a line of a holes in the floor. About 5-6 people were in there staring at me as I walked in. I turned around and walked out and thanked Jesus that it wasn't an emergency.
                    I couldn't imagine the horror. I don't think I could do it.

                    Comment

                    • Coach McGuirk
                      1
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12109

                      #100
                      shit,

                      http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26966487&nid...&s_cid=queue-1

                      Wastewater authorities say wipes may go down the toilet, but even many labeled flushable aren't breaking down as they course through the sewer system. That's costing some municipalities millions of dollars to dispatch crews to unclog pipes and pumps and to replace and upgrade machinery.
                      The problem got worldwide attention in July when London sewer officials reported removing a 15-ton "bus-sized lump" of wrongly flushed grease and wet wipes, dubbed the "fatberg."

                      Comment

                      • smokymountainrain
                        Impressive Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22593

                        #101
                        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Just fold em' up nice and neat and throw them in the trash (the big can outside, of course!) Sure, it would be a pain in the ass, but it beats a real pain in the actual ass.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

                        Comment

                        • old_gregg
                          scaly man fish
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 16915

                          #102
                          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          whatever the cost is, it's definitely a price worth paying. costco flushable wipes are life changing.
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                          Comment

                          Working...