OFFICIAL 2008 CUFFIES NOMINATION THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #16
    My nomination for single best use of profanity is when JohnnyLingo dropped the f-bomb on CG (which, as we all know, led to his self-exile shortly thereafter).
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #17
      How can Waters be considered best troll? A troll who said no mas? Most trolls are like closers in baseball. They burn out, the repitoir becomes predictable.

      I love Waters, but he's a great troll like BYU is a great football program. He feasts on patsies. I think he met his TCU in SU and his Utes in 3D.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #18
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        How can Waters be considered best troll? A troll who said no mas? Most trolls are like closers in baseball. They burn out, the repitoir becomes predictable.

        I love Waters, but he's a great troll like BYU is a great football program. He feasts on patsies. I think he met his TCU in SU and his Utes in 3D.
        I can no longer argue against the Utes and the SUGAR BOWL!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Babs
          Not a Lawyer
          • Nov 2008
          • 17128

          #19
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          My nomination for single best use of profanity is when JohnnyLingo dropped the f-bomb on CG (which, as we all know, led to his self-exile shortly thereafter).
          No way. What about when I told Seattle to fuck off because I'm a goddamn librarian? That's gotta count for something.

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            Originally posted by Babs View Post
            No way. What about when I told Seattle to fuck off because I'm a goddamn librarian? That's gotta count for something.
            You are held to a different standard because you are not LDS and therefore not expected to adhere to the same high moral aspirations as we.

            Also, you are one of many, even as recently as today, that have asked SU to engage in this physiologically-impossible act of self-amorous behavior.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #21
              I think some of you are sort of missing hte point here. If you think you or someone else is worthy of an award, then nominate away. Later, once the nominations are made, I assume we will have a vote, and we can then tabulate the results and in the voting thread or threads you can argue about who should win any given award. But here it is a little premature, which explains SU but not Babs.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #22
                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                But here it is a little premature, which explains SU but not Babs.
                I take offense at that. I've never once been mistaken for mature.

                Comment

                • RobinFinderson
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10548

                  #23
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Also, you are one of many, even as recently as today, that have asked SU to engage in this physiologically-impossible act of self-amorous behavior.
                  Not impossible for everyone.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #24
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Also, you are one of many, even as recently as today, that have asked SU to engage in this physiologically-impossible act of self-amorous behavior.
                    That should be a new category. Biggest Recipient of F-blasts. Of course this would be kind of like a lifetime achievement award for SU.

                    Comment

                    • SteelBlue
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8189

                      #25
                      My nomination for best use of profanity is OrangUte. He tripled his post count drunk with adrenaline after his Utes' bowl victory in an f-bomb laced tirade that will be remembered for ages.

                      Comment

                      • YOhio
                        Hipster Mode
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26165

                        #26
                        Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        I think some of you are sort of missing hte point here. If you think you or someone else is worthy of an award, then nominate away. Later, once the nominations are made, I assume we will have a vote, and we can then tabulate the results and in the voting thread or threads you can argue about who should win any given award. But here it is a little premature, which explains SU but not Babs.
                        c-reek, this thread and the 2008 CUFies were on the verge of extinction until people started doing it there way. I'd rather we didn't even have a vote and just kept this as a running thread, noting funny moments along the way.

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #27
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          You are held to a different standard because you are not LDS and therefore not expected to adhere to the same high moral aspirations as we.
                          Okay, okay, I get it. She's the resident evangelical sexbomb...so of course she's got a potty mouth.

                          harumph.

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            No way. What about when I told Seattle to fuck off because I'm a goddamn librarian? That's gotta count for something.
                            If this were 1980 it would have bene an awesome line in Nine to Five, but it doesn't cut it here.

                            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                            My nomination for best use of profanity is OrangUte. He tripled his post count drunk with adrenaline after his Utes' bowl victory in an f-bomb laced tirade that will be remembered for ages.
                            Nothing will ever beat, "Fuck off. We're done." Mike Waters was a master.

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #29
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              If this were 1980 it would have bene an awesome line in Nine to Five, but it doesn't cut it here.
                              oh, go to hell.

                              Comment

                              • Tim
                                Not Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4390

                                #30
                                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                c-reek, this thread and the 2008 CUFies were on the verge of extinction until people started doing it there way. I'd rather we didn't even have a vote and just kept this as a running thread, noting funny moments along the way.
                                I wouldn't say they were on the verge of extinction. I received a number of nominations over the weekend.

                                Tim
                                Visca Catalunya Lliure

                                Comment

                                Working...