OFFICIAL 2008 CUFFIES NOMINATION THREAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • YOhio
    Hipster Mode
    • Nov 2008
    • 26165

    #31
    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    oh, go to hell.
    Go to the terrestrial kingdom.

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #32
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      c-reek, this thread and the 2008 CUFies were on the verge of extinction until people started doing it there way. I'd rather we didn't even have a vote and just kept this as a running thread, noting funny moments along the way.
      LIke anybody was going to listen to me anyway.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #33
        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Go to the terrestrial kingdom.
        No problem. Just be sure to send me a postcard from outer darkness.

        Comment

        • bluegoose
          7th round draft pick
          • Nov 2008
          • 4121

          #34
          Here are my nominations:


          Poster Awards
          ----------------------------
          1) Poster of the year – 2-way tie : DDD – He's the new Archaea, SoonerCoug - No one makes it rain like Sooner and Elder Ballard
          2) Wittiest Poster – mindful, and it ain't even close
          3) Newcomer of the Year – LA Ute
          4) Best Gentile Poster – Three way tie – Babs, Pokey, Mindful
          5) Poster You Would Most Like to See Join CUF - AShaf
          6) Best Troll – The Rambam – He's good folks.
          7) Poster You would Most Like to Meet in Real Life – Too many to list, but for starters - RCV, PAC and creek for their cycling prowess, HFN to see if his beard is for real, Babs for the same reason, Drum because he succesfully got ALL of the college bowl picks WRONG, and ClarkAddy to see if I can get any great CC rates

          Post-based Awards
          --------------------
          8) Best Sports Post -
          9) Best Non-Sports Post
          10) Funniest Post
          11) Best Single Use of Profanity – Babs verbal lambasting of Seattle

          Miscellaneous Awards
          -------------------
          12) Best Avatar – I haven't had them turned on for a couple of years, but its hard to argue with CardiacCoug's Mangini avatar. Well, that and Shaka's.
          13) Best Signature - Gidget
          14) Best Thing About CUF/Guard in 2008 – Prop 8 discussions and a smooth transition
          15) Worst Thing About CUF/Guard in 2008 – Prop 2 discussions, attrition

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #35
            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            If this were 1980 it would have bene an awesome line in Nine to Five, but it doesn't cut it here.



            Nothing will ever beat, "Fuck off. We're done." Mike Waters was a master.
            Again, it was "F You, We're Done"

            Was he arguing with Chino Coug? Who was that, I can't remember.

            The best part was that later he felt bad and deleted it.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69696

              #36
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Again, it was "F You, We're Done"

              Was he arguing with Chino Coug? Who was that, I can't remember.

              The best part was that later he felt bad and deleted it.
              It was directed to UtahDan.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #37
                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                No problem. Just be sure to send me a postcard from outer darkness.
                LOL. babs is clearly studying her playbook and watching game film (which is not common for sooners).

                nice try, though Babs. Clearly UOhio isn't even eligible to go to outer darkness. He will be with Adolph Hitler in the telestial kingdom.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #38
                  Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  Here are my nominations:

                  4) Best Gentile Poster – Three way tie – Babs, Pokey, Mindful

                  7) Poster You would Most Like to Meet in Real Life – HFN to see if his beard is for real, Babs for the same reason,

                  I'm guessing I'll have to shave if there's any hope for the three-way.

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    I'm guessing I'll have to shave if there's any hope for the three-way.
                    I don't mind.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #40
                      Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      I don't mind.
                      I just had to explain my raucous guffaw to my CFO and a client in California on a conference call.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I just had to explain my raucous guffaw to my CFO and a client in California on a conference call.
                        by explain, do you mean explain why you were on a message board during a conference call....or why the specific post made you laugh?
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #42
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          by explain, do you mean explain why you were on a message board during a conference call....or why the specific post made you laugh?
                          They asked if I was alright. I pretended I was stifling a cough. We're all in different locations so they can't see that I am wasting time on here. I really didn't need to be a part of the call.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            They asked if I was alright. I pretended I was stifling a cough. We're all in different locations so they can't see that I am wasting time on here. I really didn't need to be a part of the call.
                            I am glad I can help workplace productivity.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #44
                              Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                              Here are my nominations:
                              Drum because he succesfully got ALL of the college bowl picks WRONG
                              I feel so honored just to be nominated...but as I read this, I remembered that I signed up for the bowl pick 'em and then completely forgot about making any picks.

                              At least that's my excuse for getting everything wrong.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #45
                                So how are these coming? The anticipation is killing me....Landpoke, SeattleUte, RobinFinderson, or Babs for Best Gentile Poster.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...