The Official Coming Out Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rosebud
    sledgirl
    • Jun 2009
    • 1363

    #1

    The Official Coming Out Thread

    Use this thread if you have something you've been hiding from the board and are dying to share. Gay? Bi? Closet Mullah or Apostate? Truly humble person pretending to be an egotistical maniac?

    Remember DDD.... this thread is the place to share your own secrets. The SE rule to keep quiet about personal information protects members from lurkers.
  • New Mexican Disaster
    Suomalainen
    • Nov 2008
    • 4549

    #2
    Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    Use this thread if you have something you've been hiding from the board and are dying to share. Gay? Bi? Closet Mullah or Apostate? Truly humble person pretending to be an egotistical maniac?

    Remember DDD.... this thread is the place to share your own secrets. The SE rule to keep quiet about personal information protects members from lurkers.
    I am incredibly attracted to Seattle Ute. His consistency astounds me.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #3
      Sledgirl? We all get that you don't like the Speakeasy. You're starting to remind me of Al Gore.

      The Speakeasy ≠ Man Bear Pig
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Slim
        Straight Out the Trailer
        • Jul 2009
        • 1007

        #4
        If I can't see the SE listed under community then does that mean they all voted and decided they hate me and would prefer I didn't know about the club's existence?

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #5
          Originally posted by Slim View Post
          If I can't see the SE listed under community then does that mean they all voted and decided they hate me and would prefer I didn't know about the club's existence?
          No, it doesn't.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37983

            #6
            Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            Use this thread if you have something you've been hiding from the board and are dying to share. Gay? Bi? Closet Mullah or Apostate? Truly humble person pretending to be an egotistical maniac?

            Remember DDD.... this thread is the place to share your own secrets. The SE rule to keep quiet about personal information protects members from lurkers.
            You can't start the thread and not participate in it.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #7
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Sledgirl? We all get that you don't like the Speakeasy. You're starting to remind me of Al Gore.

              The Speakeasy ≠ Man Bear Pig
              rosebud,

              wuapinmon is surely your foremost advocate on this board. Furthermore, he is without a doubt the comeback story of 2009. That is to say: as you are, he once was.

              You might be wise to heed his advice for your persona.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #8
                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                he is without a doubt the comeback story of 2009. That is to say: as you are, he once was.
                But, I'm still boycotting the Cuffies unless the categories get revised.
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #9
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Originally posted by babs
                  rosebud,
                  as you are, he once was
                  I know you didn't want anybody to find out about the procedure, but this is, after all, a coming out sort of thread!

                  Comment

                  • Fiyero
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5266

                    #10
                    Okay I have a confession. I believed every word that came out of President Hinckley's mouth but don't feel the same way with President Monson. His stories seem too contrived. It's as though he wants to tell a moral tale but does so through fiction, while passing it off as historical. Why not just stand at the pulpit and read Aesop?

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                      Okay I have a confession. I believed every word that came out of President Hinckley's mouth but don't feel the same way with President Monson. His stories seem too contrived. It's as though he wants to tell a moral tale but does so through fiction, while passing it off as historical. Why not just stand at the pulpit and read Aesop?
                      Or Jesus' parables.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • Coach McGuirk
                        1
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12109

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Slim View Post
                        If I can't see the SE listed under community then does that mean they all voted and decided they hate me and would prefer I didn't know about the club's existence?

                        Here you go Slim, Scroll through the link and you can see the member.

                        Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 01-10-2010, 02:23 PM. Reason: I am very surprised no one has caught this yet.

                        Comment

                        • DU Ute
                          RIP CUF
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 7393

                          #13
                          Here goes. I consider myself to be a Conservative and a Republican. I know this may come as a shock to Lingo and Hallelujah, but it's true! When I lived in Utah I considered myself more of a moderate (I voted for more Dems than Repubs in the 2004 election. I'm a big fan of the Matheson brothers and living in Chris Buttars' district didn't help) but going to law school in Denver has made me feel more right of center. I am not a fan of the Becks, Limbaughs and Hannitys of the world, but I do believe in state rights and less intrusion on the part of the Feds.
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                          Comment

                          • Art Vandelay
                            Striving for mediocrity
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10516

                            #14
                            I have never even told my wife this. I was home all alone on a Saturday afternoon a few years ago and...ummm....well one thing led to another....and....I kinda....um. Ok I will just blurt it out. I started watching "Bring It On" and I got misty-eyed at the final competition. I'm not proud of being a 30-something crybaby while watching a movie about HS cheerleading, but I feel better than I have unburdened myself.

                            Comment

                            • Viking
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 6470

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                              Okay I have a confession. I believed every word that came out of President Hinckley's mouth but don't feel the same way with President Monson. His stories seem too contrived. It's as though he wants to tell a moral tale but does so through fiction, while passing it off as historical. Why not just stand at the pulpit and read Aesop?
                              It's funny you say this. Ever since I was a kid and heard Monson and his "little Tommy Monson" stories, my gut reaction was that they were massively embellished.

                              Comment

                              Working...