How do sports bars work?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18753

    #16
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    embarassed to ask, but i want to watch the game tomorrow.
    i'm heading to portland for the week and so I'll be in a hotel come utah-tcu gametime.
    if i want to watch the game at a sports bar, what is kosher? will they let me sit there all game at watch if i buy dinner? i'm not going to buy whiskey the whole time, will they give the evil eye and put floaties in my soda?
    if i'm the only one that wants that game, what is the procedure?

    option 2 would be justin.tv in the hotel room.
    Go to the Skybox in SE Portland. It is nothing like the Skybox in Utah. It is just a small little sports bar run by really nice owners. I have never had a problem getting them to put on a Ute game.

    It is non-smoking and family friendly. They will not have a problem with you not ordering alcohol. Just order a meal, I recommend the Skybox burger, and hang out and watch the game. I have watched many Ute games there.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • MartyFunkhouser
      Disciple of RNGesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 18753

      #17
      Originally posted by cowboy View Post
      Be sure to tip the waitress extra. My rule of thumb is to tip a meal's worth for every 45 minutes to an hour that I'm there. A waitress only gets so many tables, so if you are taking one of her tables then you need to pay her for it.
      I agree with this. Also tip as if you had bought alcohol.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

      Comment

      Working...