High school

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #31
    Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
    Okay, since everyone's been playing fast and loose with the rules, here they are:

    1. It's all the same. You have the same knowledge as you did at 15. The same experiences you did at 15. No additional funds. You stepped into a time machine that dropped you back to that time and you forgot everything you ever knew past that date.

    Does that change it?
    Changes it big time for me. Been there done that. I don't hate or even dislike the life I have had overall, but I don't want to do the same things all over again.

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #32
      Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
      Okay, since everyone's been playing fast and loose with the rules, here they are:

      1. It's all the same. You have the same knowledge as you did at 15. The same experiences you did at 15. No additional funds. You stepped into a time machine that dropped you back to that time and you forgot everything you ever knew past that date.

      Does that change it?
      why would we want to do the same thing again just to end up here only to be sent back again? AM i missing the point? Or are other things going to be different?

      If I hve to go back can I at least change my mind and take typing class this time?
      Last edited by creekster; 11-10-2009, 03:19 PM.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • marsupial
        Mississippi Queen
        • Nov 2008
        • 3678

        #33
        Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        I loved every minute of it but I would not do it again.
        This is how I feel. However, I could be persuaded to do college again. It was even more fun and I had danimal there with me.
        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
        -Teenage Dirtbag

        Comment

        • Slim
          Straight Out the Trailer
          • Jul 2009
          • 1007

          #34
          High school? no. College? Maybe. College was fun.

          Comment

          • JohnnyLingo
            La Naranja
            • Nov 2008
            • 3976

            #35
            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            What benefit would there be of doing things over again exactly the same way?

            Is it that you would be in those "good" times instead of these? If you don't remember anything, then how could you appreciate that fact?
            Well... the problem is that by retaining your adult self's knowledge, it changes the experience substantially.

            It's not really a true high school experience in that case. I was just asking if people enjoyed that ride so much they'd do it again.

            I guess you wouldn't appreciate it, but maybe that's not the point.

            Comment

            • Color Me Badd Fan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 12519

              #36
              High school and college? Absolutely. I'd even redo the last two years of law school.

              I wouldn't do my mission over again. The way Lingo feels about high school is the way I felt about the mission. You're thrown in with some great guys and some total weirdos only you have to sometimes live with the weirdo 24 hours a day.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

              Comment

              • Slim
                Straight Out the Trailer
                • Jul 2009
                • 1007

                #37
                It would be fun to go back only if I could retain all my current knowledge. I'm sitting here at a bakery by myself and just caught a middle aged woman staring at me. It would be way more fun to be a teenage boy with teenage girls staring at me.

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14089

                  #38
                  do I have to go on a mission again? If yes then the answer is definitely no I would not go back.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • Pheidippides
                    Liberal Feminazi
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14759

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Slim View Post
                    High school? no. College? Maybe. College was fun.
                    This is how I feel. Except for football. I'd love to play HS football again, especially if you let me do it before I lost all that weight (I was an offensive lineman). It would be a different experience to play tackle at 250 than it was to play it at 175.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #40
                      Originally posted by Slim View Post
                      It would be fun to go back only if I could retain all my current knowledge. I'm sitting here at a bakery by myself and just caught a middle aged woman staring at me. It would be way more fun to be a teenage boy with teenage girls staring at me.
                      Do you have a visible deformity?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #41
                        Originally posted by Slim View Post
                        High school? no. College? Maybe. College was fun.
                        Nice Avatar Slim!!
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • statman
                          Rabblerouser
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 2799

                          #42
                          How about I had a great time, but why would I want to go back?

                          Comment

                          • Shaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 10449

                            #43
                            I would totally do it again. For me high school was awesome. I can see how that might not be so for others.

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #44
                              Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                              It would be a different experience to play tackle at 250 than it was to play it at 175.
                              No, it pretty much sucks. I was 285-300 lbs in high school, and playing tackle sucked; you lose all your lateral speed at that weight when it's not muscle.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • BoylenOver
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9146

                                #45
                                I'd do it again, even if it's just a repeat.

                                Parts of high school were a bitch, and I love being independent. But even though I was hardly popular, I will never have as many people I would consider friends or acquaintances as I did in high school. Building relationships takes a lot of time for me, and there were so many people I felt comfortable with and knew to some degree. The girls, too.
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...