High school

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JohnnyLingo
    La Naranja
    • Nov 2008
    • 3976

    #1

    High school

    A couple high school buddies of mine were tagged in a Facebook album made by someone from our graduating class the other day.

    The album is entirely photos taken from our senior year, and boy is it weird that it's been so long and the clothes and hairstyles look dated.

    Anyway, how was your high school experience? Good? Bad? Would you do it again?
    49
    I'd do it again in a hearbeat.
    36.73%
    18
    It was good, not great.
    18.37%
    9
    Meh.
    28.57%
    14
    It was more bad than good.
    8.16%
    4
    I hated every minute of it.
    8.16%
    4

    The poll is expired.

  • Solon
    Lost in the flood
    • Nov 2008
    • 5747

    #2
    The only thing I remember from high school was hanging out with Mormon Red Death and Green Lantern and a couple of other guys, and talking about all the girls we wish we could get.

    Other than a couple of snap-shot memories it's just a blur.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #3
      I would do it again in a second. Serious some of the best times of my life. I loved every second of it.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • Flystripper
        Degenerate Gambler
        • Nov 2008
        • 14089

        #4
        I loved every minute of it but I would not do it again.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37987

          #5
          High school was great, even if I was on the fringe. I would do it again if I were 15. But this time, I would hope I could take what little knowledge I have of women back in time with me. Man, high school could have been great!
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            I had fun in high school, but I'd never do it again.

            If I ever feel that high school was the best days of my life, I'd as DDD to put a bullet in my brain.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              I had fun in high school, but I'd never do it again.

              If I ever feel that high school was the best days of my life, I'd as DDD to put a bullet in my brain.
              Ha. You are full of bs! You know I don't own a gun so you are basically all talk.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Indy Coug
                Heartless Bastard
                • Dec 2008
                • 18747

                #8
                Boarding schools that are 7,000 miles from home and 2,000 miles from the nearest relatives suck.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

                http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #9
                  do I get to be young again and know what I know now? Do I get summers off and school ends every day at 2:30 or thereabouts? DO I have a curfew? Who fiunances my lifestyle? I better just stay where I am.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • JohnnyLingo
                    La Naranja
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3976

                    #10
                    I think I've expressed this thought before, but public education is the only time in life when you're forcibly put into a place with people you have nothing in common with but geographic proximity.

                    As such, it was a mixed bag for me. I didn't enjoy having to be that close to complete assholes 8 hours of every weekday, but at the same time I made a lot of really good friends.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #11
                      I loved HS. I also loved college, and pretty much most phases of my life. The only time I wouldn't want to do again is my mission.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • New Mexican Disaster
                        Suomalainen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4549

                        #12
                        Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                        I think I've expressed this thought before, but public education is the only time in life when you're forcibly put into a place with people you have nothing in common with but geographic proximity.

                        As such, it was a mixed bag for me. I didn't enjoy having to be that close to complete assholes 8 hours of every weekday, but at the same time I made a lot of really good friends.
                        What about church when your mom and dad or wife is calling the shots?

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #13
                          It was really, really good. Even as good as it was, I would like to go back knowing now how many girls wanted to get in my pants that I didn't know about.

                          Comment

                          • JohnnyLingo
                            La Naranja
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3976

                            #14
                            Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                            What about church when your mom and dad or wife is calling the shots?
                            They aren't really calling the shots. None of them have the power the state has to force you to do something.

                            Comment

                            • il Padrino Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 19161

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Ha. You are full of bs! You know I don't own a gun so you are basically all talk.
                              I'd be happy to provide you with one of mine.
                              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                              Comment

                              Working...