Misheard lyrics

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #1

    Misheard lyrics

    Originally posted by landpoke View Post
    When I was young and intellectually incurious I believed the lyrics to Johnny Rivers 1964 smash hit were "Secret Asian man."
    AN excellent idea for another htread: Misheard lyrics (did we do this once on the brand X site?)

    This Thread was actually started by marsupial while I was trying to fogure out how to put all of these together. By time I sorted it all out she was ahead of me.
    Last edited by creekster; 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.
  • marsupial
    Mississippi Queen
    • Nov 2008
    • 3678

    #2
    Misheard lyrics

    Originally posted by landpoke View Post
    When I was young and intellectually incurious I believed the lyrics to Johnny Rivers 1964 smash hit were "Secret Asian man."
    At first I thought it was "Lucy and this guy with diamonds..."
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

    Comment

    • beelzebabette
      Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
      • Nov 2008
      • 2907

      #3
      Originally posted by landpoke View Post
      When I was young and intellectually incurious I believed the lyrics to Johnny Rivers 1964 smash hit were "Secret Asian man."
      I must have had a crappy radio because it took me a long time to figure the "I'm your Venus" lyrics. I had questions in the meantime re: why that song was played on the radio that I kept to myself.

      Comment

      • beelzebabette
        Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
        • Nov 2008
        • 2907

        #4
        Crap. Now I'm in the wrong thread.

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #5
          Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
          I must have had a crappy radio because it took me a long time to figure the "I'm your Venus" lyrics. I had questions in the meantime re: why that song was played on the radio that I kept to myself.
          Assuming the 'V" was getting lost in your speaker, did you also wonder how that line went with "I'm your desire"? All about forbidden narcissism or something?
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • cougjunkie
            *Banned*
            • Nov 2008
            • 23223

            #6
            We had a conversation about these at work a few months back and we were talking about footloose. The theme song Footloose she always thought the lyrics were:

            Jack, get back
            back on the whole wheat track


            She said she had heard the song 1000 times and never realized how off she was. She always figured it was wheat because he worked at the flour mill.
            *Banned*

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #7
              [YOUTUBE]xLd22ha_-VU[/YOUTUBE]
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • beelzebabette
                Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                • Nov 2008
                • 2907

                #8
                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                Assuming the 'V" was getting lost in your speaker, did you also wonder how that line went with "I'm your desire"? All about forbidden narcissism or something?
                My mistake caused multi-faceted confusion.

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  [youtube]xLd22ha_-VU[/youtube]
                  That was awesome, Surfah. It sure sounded to me like that's what Eddie is singing.
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • RockyBalboa
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2127

                    #10
                    "Blinded by the light.....struck up like a douche in the middle of the night.." or something like that.

                    I still have no idea what he's saying.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69718

                      #11
                      Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                      "Blinded by the light.....struck up like a douche in the middle of the night.." or something like that.

                      I still have no idea what he's saying.
                      I thought the same thing. The actual lyrics are "revved up like a duece, another roller in the night"

                      I hate that song.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #12
                        Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                        "Blinded by the light.....struck up like a douche in the middle of the night.." or something like that.

                        I still have no idea what he's saying.
                        I think that's revved up like a deuce. But it does sound like douche.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25268

                          #13
                          "Soooooooooooo i'm back for moooooore. I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me."

                          It wasn't until I was 10 months into my mission and on splits with a fellow gringo that we mistakenly figured out that he was saying "Soy un perdedor."
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #14
                            1. The opening lines of Def Leppard, Rock of Ages.

                            I have heard so many different theories, including the "running through the forest" one.

                            It sounds like "unta gleeben glouten globen" or something like that.

                            2. When I was in undergrad, one of the CDs that dominated every aspect of our DNA was "August and Everything After" by Counting Crows. So this girl in my ward is in our apt looking through some CDs and says we should get rid of the AAEA disc because it is a bit blasphemous. I asked her what she was talking about and she said that in one of the songs, they say "Oh my God, somewhere in middle america" over and over. LOL. she was as dumb as a post.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #15
                              Michael Jackson, "Billie Jean"

                              We were clipping a lot of coupons at the time (1983) and they all said "to redeem mail to" such-and-such address in Clinton, Iowa....so my nine-year-old brain heard:

                              "She's just a girl from Clinton, Iowa"
                              instead of
                              "She's just a girl who claims that I am the one"


                              It's easier to hear how if you sing it.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              Working...