Upgrade to vbulletin 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18789

    #196
    Awesome!

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12365

      #197
      Don't know what was happening, but I didn't like it.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69687

        #198
        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Don't know what was happening, but I didn't like it.
        SSL certificate expired. Fixed now.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Pelado
          Bald not naked
          • Sep 2010
          • 21139

          #199
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

          SSL certificate expired. Fixed now.
          Gracias.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25266

            #200
            Thank you Jeff Lebowski. Not sure where the account sits, but let us know when it's time for some dues.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • Art Vandelay
              Striving for mediocrity
              • Jul 2009
              • 10516

              #201
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Thank you Jeff Lebowski. Not sure where the account sits, but let us know when it's time for some dues.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #202
                Is there, by chance, a vbulletin plug-in for Telegram posts?
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • Clark Addison
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10305

                  #203
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Is there, by chance, a vbulletin plug-in for Telegram posts?
                  And Rumble?

                  Comment

                  • BigPiney
                    Huge Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12365

                    #204
                    Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post

                    And Rumble?
                    Is borg coming back?

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10305

                      #205
                      Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                      Is borg coming back?

                      Comment

                      • BigFatMeanie
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7113

                        #206
                        One thing that has bothered me for a while is how certain attachments are shrunk/resized to be ultra small, almost unreadable, by vBulletin.

                        After a bit of testing I have concluded the problem is the way the underlying image processing library, GD, handles PNG files. If you post your images as JPEG files they won't get resized down to microscopic levels.

                        I've adjusted a GD image resizing setting to see if it will have any effect but I'm not very optimistic. I'm too lazy to go digging into the detailed configuration guts of GD so if you don't want your images resized so they're unreadable, post JPEGs (.JPG) instead of PNGs.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69687

                          #207
                          Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                          Is borg coming back?
                          This post deserves some credit.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • BigFatMeanie
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7113

                            #208
                            I've solved it now. I was wrong about GD. It turns out that it was a vBulletin setting related to image attachments. PNGs should work the same as JPGs now and won't be resized to oblivion unless you upload an absolute behemoth of an image.

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69687

                              #209
                              Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                              I've solved it now. I was wrong about GD. It turns out that it was a vBulletin setting related to image attachments. PNGs should work the same as JPGs now and won't be resized to oblivion unless you upload an absolute behemoth of an image.
                              Thank you!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25266

                                #210
                                I've become fairly proficient at working the image uploader from my phone, and I usually just manually set the image height to make sure it isn't too large. But hopefully that won't be necessary now. Thanks, BFM!
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...