Chat filter

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69711

    #16
    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    But that looks like that's just a script to automatically block users that use the "badwords" too often or spam the board with the same post repeatedly. But that's a start. At least now we know we won't get kicked off for typing breath or circumstances too often.
    No, the first part indicates which list of badwords to use while filtering. I told it to use neither.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Babs
      Not a Lawyer
      • Nov 2008
      • 17128

      #17
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      No, the first part indicates which list of badwords to use while filtering. I told it to use neither.
      No, the first part indicates which list to use to determine whether to kick people off the board - not which list to use to filter. That's a separate script.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69711

        #18
        This is what I am looking at:

        http://www.tufat.com/docs/modpack/admin.html
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69711

          #19
          This is the contents of the badwords.xml file:

          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
          <bad_words_list>
          <word>somebadword1</word>
          <word>somebadword2</word>
          <word>somebadword3</word>
          <word>somebadword4</word>
          <word>somebadword5</word>
          <word>somebadword6</word>
          <word>somebadword7*</word>
          <word>somebadword8</word>
          <word>somebadword9</word>
          <word>somebadword10</word>
          <word>somebadword11</word>
          <word>somebadword12</word>
          <word>somebadword13</word>
          <word>somebadword14</word>
          <word>somebadword15</word>
          <word>somebadword16</word>
          <word>*somebadword17*</word>
          <word>*somebadword18*</word>
          <word>somebadword19</word>
          <word>somebadword20</word>
          <word>somebadword21</word>
          <word>somebadword22</word>
          <word>somebadword23</word>
          <word>somebadword24</word>
          </bad_words_list>

          So why is it filtering?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Babs
            Not a Lawyer
            • Nov 2008
            • 17128

            #20
            Originally posted by Babs View Post
            No, the first part indicates which list to use to determine whether to kick people off the board - not which list to use to filter. That's a separate script.
            Bear in mind that I'm making this up as I go, but that's what it looks like to me.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #21
              Dude, thanks for spending time working on this.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69711

                #22
                Sheesh. Finally figured it out. You have to go in through the flashchat admin cp (I didn't even know it existed) and edit the database directly. The substitutes are not all in a file, as many of the links let me to believe. There was an entry in the database that filtered ALL words starting in b and ending in h to be filtered.

                b**h --> b**h

                Now, what is the logic of that?

                Anyway, I turned off all of the filters so now you can let your inner Tourette Syndrome go wild.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Sheesh. Finally figured it out. You have to go in through the flashchat admin cp (I didn't even know it existed) and edit the database directly. The substitutes are not all in a file, as many of the links let me to believe. There was an entry in the database that filtered ALL words starting in b and ending in h to be filtered.

                  b**h --> b**h
                  yeah, that's what we had concluded. It does it even if it's a substring within a larger word, too. It's absolutely maddening.

                  Thanks for figuring that out.

                  Comment

                  Working...