No announcement yet.

WARNING:Software Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is such a great change. The site looks fantastic. Very easy on my old eyes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      One my next tasks is to install a new paypal donate plugin that is vb4.2 compatible. I just blew through most of our reserve funds with the update and the migration to the new server and our costs going forward will be a little higher with the new hosting service. But I am very happy with the new server.
      When it's ready, I'll help solicit donations. It should be easier than my current assignment- coordinating FOS for the stake

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        When it's ready, I'll help solicit donations. It should be easier than my current assignment- coordinating FOS for the stake
        Art. We get it. You want to make a big show of donating money. Sheesh. Time to calm down and act like you've been there before.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Art. We get it. You want to make a big show of donating money. Sheesh. Time to calm down and act like you've been there before.
          I haven't been there before, other than the required $5 CB donation. I'm generally a cheapskate.

Comment

• I've a feeling in March, when Bigfoot is proven real, that a donation of $100 will be made in my name to CougarStadium.com. I look forward to that announcement.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• When did the site come back up? I tried it several times yesterday (Tuesday) at work, and it always timed out. I didn't get home until 10:00 yesterday, so I didn't try it at home, but at work again today I tried it several times, and it still wasn't working. Now, at home, it works fine. I assume my work problem is a DNS propagation issue? If so, is this the correct IP address?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                When did the site come back up? I tried it several times yesterday (Tuesday) at work, and it always timed out. I didn't get home until 10:00 yesterday, so I didn't try it at home, but at work again today I tried it several times, and it still wasn't working. Now, at home, it works fine. I assume my work problem is a DNS propagation issue? If so, is this the correct IP address?

You have to do it like this:

http://199.193.245.230/~cougarut/

But you really shouldn't have to do that anymore. Here is the last word I got from the hosting company on this issue:

just a bit of follow up...it they are still having issues,you can have them flush their machines dns caches as they are being directed to the old address

1. Open the Start menu.
                2. Go to Run/ or type cmd.exe in the search box
                * If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
                3. In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns

4. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
                Also, make sure you are not trying to get to the site using an old URL that might be referencing a subpage that is no longer here. That was happening to me for a while.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• It seems that the reply all option on private messages is not available. Is this a bug of the update or something quirky with my mobile device (iPad)?
                  I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    It seems that the reply all option on private messages is not available. Is this a bug of the update or something quirky with my mobile device (iPad)?
                    That was a plug-in that I have not replaced yet.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                      It seems that the reply all option on private messages is not available. Is this a bug of the update or something quirky with my mobile device (iPad)?
                      OK, this has been re-installed. The version I installed before is not v4.2 compatible so I had to use a different one (took a while to find one). It works a little differently, so it might take a little time to get used to it.

Comment

• Paypal donate plug-in re-installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          OK, this has been re-installed. The version I installed before is not v4.2 compatible so I had to use a different one (took a while to find one). It works a little differently, so it might take a little time to get used to it.
                          Thanks! Now I can talk to my friends about the weird shit that some of you say!
                          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Is there a way to see the page that showed who was online and what thread they were looking at? Two reasons I love that page, it fascinates me to see the spiders reading 3 year old threads then I go read and try to see what was interesting about them. The other is that I like to see if people are reading my threads and maybe even responding. It makes me feel like when the cute girls were willing to sign my year book, I consider you all cute girls.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Is there a way to see the page that showed who was online and what thread they were looking at? Two reasons I love that page, it fascinates me to see the spiders reading 3 year old threads then I go read and try to see what was interesting about them. The other is that I like to see if people are reading my threads and maybe even responding. It makes me feel like when the cute girls were willing to sign my year book, I consider you all cute girls.
                              At the top of the page, just below and to the right of the "Blogs" tab, there's a smaller tab for "Quick Links." When you click on that, it will give you the "Who's Online" option.
                              Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                The other is that I like to see if people are reading my threads and maybe even responding. It makes me feel like when the cute girls were willing to sign my year book, I consider you all cute girls.
                                Good lines that are funny, touching and true.

Comment

Working...
                                X