Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Well if you didn't sign up, someone else took your handle over there.
    Yikes. Let me go on record saying that I did not sign up, nor do I have any intentions of signing up.
    *Banned*

Comment

• Re: About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Yikes. Let me go on record saying that I did not sign up, nor do I have any intentions of signing up.
      I will lock that account CJ. I am not going to allow people to hijack monikers. If you ever change you're mind, it is yours.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        I will lock that account CJ. I am not going to allow people to hijack monikers. If you ever change you're mind, it is yours.
        Good luck, Utes. Hope you stick around here also, but good luck with your board.

Comment

• JIC, first good luck. Hope to still see you around. Second, I tried signing up just to lock my name down but it keeps telling me I have not accepted the board rules so I can't continue. Anyway, if you could lock down my moniker as well, that would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            JIC, first good luck. Hope to still see you around. Second, I tried signing up just to lock my name down but it keeps telling me I have not accepted the board rules so I can't continue. Anyway, if you could lock down my moniker as well, that would be awesome.
            Board rules? What is this CB!

I did go over to see who the imposter was but couldn't find him. I am going to miss JIC and a few others, hopefully they have success but still visit us.

With that being said I think it is cute how UtahDan is trying to start sports topics. Stick the podcasts homie, sports are not your thing. We have talked about Brekkott Chapman ad nauseum on this site regarding both BYU and Utah, yet you have never chimed in. That board will generate enough traffic from quality posters without your superficial attempts.
            *Banned*

Comment

• What site is that called?
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Re: About the new board name (cougarstadium.com)

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                I would like to officially retract any of the criticisms that I made about the name change. The Dude made the right call. The gentle push that it helped give the Ute fans to start our own site will end up being good in the long run. This site can grow and develop its community and the Ute site can grow and develop its community. I will continue to be an active participant on this site and will continue to enjoy it.

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Yeah, I think this will be best in the long run for both fanbases. And no reason at all we old friends can't continue to interact.

Looks like a very successful launch over there. Way to go.
                I am against segregation of all kinds. That is what was great about CUF. I am in mourning.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by venkman View Post
                  My work blocks the new cougarstadium.com. So that sucks.
                  +1. "Potentially damaging content." I suppose that's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                    JIC, first good luck. Hope to still see you around. Second, I tried signing up just to lock my name down but it keeps telling me I have not accepted the board rules so I can't continue. Anyway, if you could lock down my moniker as well, that would be awesome.
                    I don't have a requirement for review of rules. Can you screenshot me what you are seeing?
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Crap. I was hoping you would. I enjoy your posts, particularly those about the local high school kids/recruiting. Another reason for me to keep coming here.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                        What site is that called?
                        Utahby5.com.
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Board rules? What is this CB!

I did go over to see who the imposter was but couldn't find him. I am going to miss JIC and a few others, hopefully they have success but still visit us.

With that being said I think it is cute how UtahDan is trying to start sports topics. Stick the podcasts homie, sports are not your thing. We have talked about Brekkott Chapman ad nauseum on this site regarding both BYU and Utah, yet you have never chimed in. That board will generate enough traffic from quality posters without your superficial attempts.
                          The truth is that is not my strongest suit, but we had just opened the doors and I didn't want people landing there and seeing lots of empty forums.

If you could leave behind your cruelty or whatever it is about the dynamic with some of us that brings out the worst in both, I would welcome you there. Too many people have seen a side of you that is really likable for the negative stuff to be all that exists. And we all know you are an encyclopedia on a lot of topics. The likable sports nerd cougjunkie ought to think about stopping by. The bitter rivalry is tired. I'm tired of it. We should all let it go along with whatever other stupid stuff any of us are holding on to. Life is too short.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                            Too many people have seen a side of you that is really likable for the negative stuff to be all that exists. And we all know you are an encyclopedia on a lot of topics. The likable sports nerd cougjunkie ought to think about stopping by. The bitter rivalry is tired. I'm tired of it. We should all let it go along with whatever other stupid stuff any of us are holding on to. Life is too short.

“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              I love the rivalry. I will never, ever not hate Utah athletics.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                I love the rivalry. I will never, ever not hate Utah athletics.
                                I don't hate BYU athletics (I used to) but I do love seeing my team beat their teams. (At my age I have a hard time hating anyone. Maybe you views will soften too.) But we're off-point. I don't think UD was talking about how people feel about their rivals. He was talking about decent behavior, and not holding on to "cruelty or whatever it is about the dynamic with some of us that brings out the worst" in both sides. From what I know of you, you're also in favor of not holding on to that.
                                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                                X