Tapatalk issues and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Hmm, so much for my ads hypothesis. Do do you see avatars on both? How about animated gifs and other images embedded in posts?
    I don't know.

This it's it though: https://www.tapatalk.com/forum/2021976

Comment

• Loading way faster for me.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Tapatalk has been crashing repeatedly for me the last few days. This has fixed that. It seems to be a bit faster as well.

Pelado, I think the reason the Timeline loads so slowly is because it defaults to the last 500 threads. I wish it defaulted to the last 50, as that would be a lot less to refresh each time.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• The timeline may be the key as DH mentioned. It is 500 here. On the other forum that is much faster, it is set at about 160. There is probably a setting for that. Put it at 100 and we should be golden.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            The timeline may be the key as DH mentioned. It is 500 here. On the other forum that is much faster, it is set at about 160. There is probably a setting for that. Put it at 100 and we should be golden.
            I can't find any way to edit this setting. I just submitted a support ticket.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I submitted this:

My users complain that the forum is slow to load relative to a competing forum that uses Tapatalk. One of the issues noted is that on my forum the timeline loads 500 items and on the competing forum, it only loads 150. I have searched everywhere I can think of and I can't find a way to edit this setting. Is this possible?
              The response:

Thank you for contacting Tapatalk!

There is loading 20 topics per page in the list through Tapatalk app, this can not be changed. The 500 items means there are total 500 topics on this list not total loading at the time.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
              Tapatalk Support Team

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                I submitted this:

The response:
                Thanks for looking into it.

Comment

• LOL - that isn't the worst tech support response I've seen but it's pretty dang bad. They didn't even address your question.

Comment

Working...
                  X