We are back!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rosebud
    sledgirl
    • Jun 2009
    • 1363

    #16
    Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    I can't decide what makes this funnier: the SE blowing up over a nomination earlier today, or that the error actually caused a period of silence.

    Either way, bravo.
    Sigh... really? You guys are too funny. I don't know why I'm surprised, but news of nomination blowups still catches me off guard.

    Warning to all newbies: this means that one of you is causing a ruckus behind the scenes. You don't know who you are, but there is a big fight going on about YOU. Isn't that fun? Be careful what you say right now. It could work either for or against you.

    So Lebowski... when is that post explaining all of this going up? I saw that PU asked you about the matriculation (lol) process on your profile page. Is he in yet? I probably would have been able to type up a SE explanation on my own about four months ago when we discussed this, but I'm not sure I can remember all the details now. I'd be happy to give it a try unless you want to do the honors. I know you're busy and all .

    Comment

    • tooblue
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 5137

      #17
      Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      Sigh... really? You guys are too funny. I don't know why I'm surprised, but news of nomination blowups still catches me off guard.

      Warning to all newbies: this means that one of you is causing a ruckus behind the scenes. You don't know who you are, but there is a big fight going on about YOU. Isn't that fun? Be careful what you say right now. It could work either for or against you.

      So Lebowski... when is that post explaining all of this going up? I saw that PU asked you about the matriculation (lol) process on your profile page. Is he in yet? I probably would have been able to type up a SE explanation on my own about four months ago when we discussed this, but I'm not sure I can remember all the details now. I'd be happy to give it a try unless you want to do the honors. I know you're busy and all .
      If there's a blowup it can only mean either you or maybe Robin has been nominated for entrance into the speakeasy. Regardless, why even bother worrying or warning newbies about it? Let it be -- everyone on the board will likely get voted in eventually as long as they behave. lol

      As an aside I too think Lebowski should be thanked for maintaining this place as well as he does.

      Comment

      • Rosebud
        sledgirl
        • Jun 2009
        • 1363

        #18
        Originally posted by tooblue View Post
        If there's a blowup it can only mean either you or maybe Robin has been nominated for entrance into the speakeasy. Regardless, why even bother worrying or warning newbies about it? Let it be -- everyone on the board will likely get voted in eventually as long as they behave. lol

        As an aside I too think Lebowski should be thanked for maintaining this place as well as he does.
        tooblue, it's not me. I made a request that I not be nominated again.

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #19
          And we're better than ever!
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • beefytee
            Board eye candy
            • Mar 2009
            • 7542

            #20
            Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            tooblue, it's not me. I made a request that I not be nominated again.
            Like we'd listen to you!

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #21
              Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              tooblue, it's not me. I made a request that I not be nominated again.
              HUH, I took all that verbal abuse defending you for nothing!

              Comment

              • Rosebud
                sledgirl
                • Jun 2009
                • 1363

                #22
                Sigh..... I seem to be sighing a lot lately. That's no good. Time for me to take another break, too?

                Spoiler for just kidding:
                I've actually got a thread I'm going to post when I get a few minutes. I know... no big deal, but i don't start threads very often. I won't run out again no matter what.


                Besides, you know I'd wring your necks for putting me in the middle of another fight. Stop teasing me .

                Comment

                • tooblue
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5137

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  tooblue, it's not me. I made a request that I not be nominated again.
                  I understand. I was mostly just being flip and razzing the speakeasy participants. They take the secret forum very seriously sometimes.

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #24
                    Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                    I understand. I was mostly just being flip and razzing the speakeasy participants. They take the secret forum very seriously sometimes.
                    Sometimes?
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #25
                      Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                      I understand. I was mostly just being flip and razzing the speakeasy participants. They take the secret forum very seriously sometimes.
                      So serious they ask to be removed sometimes.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • tooblue
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5137

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        So serious they ask to be removed sometimes.
                        Which jacka** did that?

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #27
                          Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                          Which jacka** did that?
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • RobinFinderson
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10548

                            #28
                            Weird... right now the board is flipping out. A lot of text is appearing as little boxes.

                            Comment

                            • RobinFinderson
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10548

                              #29
                              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              Weird... right now the board is flipping out. A lot of text is appearing as little boxes.
                              Never mind... seems to be a browser problem. I'm having the problem all over the internets.

                              Comment

                              Working...