so 1337

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 1337coug
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 578

    #31
    Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
    Welcome. I live at the UVU student dorms (but don't attend).
    what dorms? I'm at summerwood condos.

    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    1337, this is the best intro post I've seen yet. To often people come here and try to act cool and make some vague reference to how they might stick around if they like it, or they might not, and everyone of their responses is some kind of would-be clever remark. Yours was straight forward and you didn't try to get cute, you just introduced yourself. In my book, you are definitely one of the 1337 intro posters on this board.
    I'm glad you liked it

    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Yikes, that is embarrassing, are you really that young?
    I know him as George Costanza. I've seen a fair amount of seinfeld, but I don't know any of the actors names. other than jerry obviously.

    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    welcome 1337. I think it is cool that you make stickers. Is it one of those kiosks or is it a full retail store? Do you guys also do silk screens for t-shirts? If so, I am coming to you the next time I am in town. I want to make some t shirts for my little kids.

    what kind of music do you enjoy and what kind of music does your band play?
    It's a kiosk just below the food court. We don't do t-shirts, just stickers and door magnets.

    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    This is an interesting comment. Is it not a good thing for not-as-good people?
    I don't really know what I was thinking there. I guess that I think the church does good things and is a good organization, and that most members are good people.

    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Sounds like you let your uncle have waaaaaaay to much influence on your life.

    Also, you should change back to your original moniker. I like it.
    I definitely wouldn't say he has to much influence on my life in general, just way to much influence on my sports life. And I'll think about going back to it, but on a cougar and ute forum it seems like i would be just begging to be flamed after every post.

    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I suggested the original moniker at the BYU/Washington game last year, while I know nothing of this hacker code that he currently sports.

    I bet you are conflicted now. Fantasy hoops rules!
    I think that actually makes donuthole sound even more right.

    Comment

    • New Mexican Disaster
      Suomalainen
      • Nov 2008
      • 4549

      #32
      Originally posted by 1337coug View Post
      How did you find CUF?
      My uncle HuskyFreeNorthwest texted me about his gameday sign idea, "My uncle is HuskyFreeNorthwest on CougarUteForum." I responded with my GameDay sign ideas, and he told me which he liked best. I posted this sign on CB, which was reposted 20 minutes later by another CBer claiming it as their own. I told him about it, and he explained to me that there was a better forum thats actually formatted like a forum. I liked the things he told me about CUF and joined.

      What do you like about CUF?
      I like that the format is like the other forums I visit. Also my uncle's here, and he's the one who got me on to cb in the first place.

      What don't I like about CUF?
      nothing yet

      How did you choose your moniker?
      well my original moniker for CB was TedBundyisaUte, which got me banned until i changed it. At the time i was in a really crappy myspace obsessed band, and for some reason we wanted everyone to think we were really really 1337. If you don't know what 1337 is, its basically a really nerdy term derived from elite in forums before i was even born. It was originally a name for elite hackers, and i decided i was elite enough for the title.

      What do you do (other than read CUF)?
      I'm a student at uvu, and i make stickers at the provo town centre mall. I watch movies, play video games, hang out with friends, play basketball, and make music.

      How many States have you lived in?
      just utah

      What are your sports loyalties?
      BYU football and basketball are pretty much the only sports i follow consistently.
      Jazz
      after that i'm an oregon ducks fan, mostly because my uncle introduced me to them when he moved there.
      san fransisco 49ers, but i haven't watched nfl football since steve young or ty detmer played quarterback, and i only liked the 49ers because they played at BYU

      What's your standing in the church?
      I think i would be classified as inactive. I go once a month to once every couple months, but i think its a good thing for good people.

      Do you pee in the sink?
      i don't think i ever have.

      When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?
      I never really saw any appeal to drugs, so i never did them. I don't see why that would change when i have kids.

      Are you looking forward to Art Vandelay's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
      sure i am. Hopefully it won't be did you have to google art vandelay to figure out who the question was talking about?
      No love for the mighty Wolverines of UVU? You got to throw it out for your school and support their scrappy sports teams. They just might be pretty good in baseball if they can get any pitching.

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #33
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Were Messina and Garfunkel in your party too?
        Well done.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • 1337coug
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 578

          #34
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          welcome 1337. I think it is cool that you make stickers. Is it one of those kiosks or is it a full retail store? Do you guys also do silk screens for t-shirts? If so, I am coming to you the next time I am in town. I want to make some t shirts for my little kids.

          what kind of music do you enjoy and what kind of music does your band play?
          i forgot to mention the music in my response to you. I'm not in a band currently, but I've been in 3 different punk bands, and the most recent one i was in was called lexi sayok (say ok). It was kind of electronica, kind of hard rock, kind of terrible. They're still trying to get things going, I'm just not a part of it anymore.
          http://www.myspace.com/lexisayok if you care to hear it. the only songs still up that i played are insomniart and electrify you, but i did help write rise/rise/fall also.

          Comment

          • 1337coug
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 578

            #35
            Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            No love for the mighty Wolverines of UVU? You got to throw it out for your school and support their scrappy sports teams. They just might be pretty good in baseball if they can get any pitching.
            i do go to all the uvu basketball games that don't interfere with byu basketball games.
            i'm one of about 12 that go.
            so i guess i can call myself one of uvu's biggest fans.

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #36
              Originally posted by 1337coug View Post
              I think that actually makes donuthole sound even more right.
              Don't encourage him.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • 1337coug
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 578

                #37
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Don't encourage him.
                sorry, i'm new here, i didn't know any better.

                Comment

                • BoylenOver
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9146

                  #38
                  Originally posted by 1337coug
                  what dorms? I'm at summerwood condos.
                  wolverine crossing.
                  "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                  "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #39
                    Just noticed your ICON, that is a great one.

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #40
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Just noticed your ICON, that is a great one.
                      I definitely agree. Nice choice 1337
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • Art Vandelay
                        Striving for mediocrity
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 10516

                        #41
                        Originally posted by 1337coug View Post
                        I know him as George Costanza. I've seen a fair amount of seinfeld, but I don't know any of the actors names. other than jerry obviously.
                        Please tell me the above was posted for irony.

                        Here are my questions, it was hard for me to think of something for such a young buck. But I will give it my best shot

                        In the 1995 move "The Usual Suspects" the notorious Turkish warlord and drug runner Keyser Söze is willing to go through an elaborate plan of losing his accent, changing his name, being called "the cripple", befriending 3 mediocre criminals and 1 crooked ex-cop, risking his life multiple times all for the sole purpose of killing 1 Hungarian who knows his true identity. Amazingly is able to pull this all off. But he is arrested. Surprisingly he is released unharmed seconds before Officer Kujan realizes that Verbal Kint is Keyser Söze.

                        Two questions:
                        1) Keyser is rich, powerful, and feared by all,(though he might be a little lonely after shooting his wife and 2 kids) couldn't he have just hung out in Hungary, or Monte Carlo for that matter, and continued to live his life. Who cares is some old Hungarian knows what he looks like. You are Keyers' defense attorney defend his choice.
                        2) Now that half of New York knows who he is does he kill them each one by one or do he and Kobayashi head to Margarittaville and drink Pina Coladas and get matching tattoos of Mexican cuties?

                        Comment

                        • happyone
                          Board Bookworm
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 5398

                          #42
                          Welcome, Welcome ...

                          I may be small, but I'm slow.

                          A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

                          Comment

                          Working...