Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #751
    Whoever is on the other end of this new operation is going to kill Walt's family because he won't help them, but Walt will make it into hiding. When he's alone at the Denny's arranging the bacon and has Skyler's maiden name, it's because they're dead and can't carry out the tradition. He's quit the chemo because he has nothing to live for, but comes back to have his Scarface moment with that badass gun in his trunk. Nobody knows he actually made it into hiding which is why the neighbor has that reaction. He locates these people and goes down trying to take them out. The end.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Donuthole
      Official Outgayer
      • Nov 2008
      • 25266

      #752
      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      I'm not sure if you're talking to me here. If so, I don't think or hope that he's a good guy. But he's much less interesting if he's just pure evil. No one is pure evil--not even Hitler.
      Not even homosexuals. (Let's hit all of the internet laws while we're at it, shall we?)
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25266

        #753
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        Whoever is on the other end of this new operation is going to kill Walt's family because he won't help them, but Walt will make it into hiding. When he's alone at the Denny's arranging the bacon and has Skyler's maiden name, it's because they're dead and can't carry out the tradition. He's quit the chemo because he has nothing to live for, but comes back to have his Scarface moment with that badass gun in his trunk. Nobody knows he actually made it into hiding which is why the neighbor has that reaction. He locates these people and goes down trying to take them out. The end.
        That sounds about right.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #754
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          It amazes me how some fans still cling to the hope that Walt is a good guy.
          Gilligan says he's shocked and even at times angry by how many people still seem to be pulling for Walt. He says he doesn't get it at all and the guy is just completely evil. I would say one of the catches here is that the cancer is back. It just seems like there will always be a degree of sympathy for someone with cancer -- probably should have left that out of the equation.

          But I agree that I don't think he's evil enough to kill his family.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • fusnik
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 4475

            #755
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            That sounds about right.
            I don't know.

            Wasn't the connect, an international one?

            Why would he be in ABQ to go Scarface on some Czech gangsters? Lydia isn't even in NM, she's in TX.

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #756
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Wait, what? What makes you say that? Just the fact that he has outlived his projected life expectancy by a few months?
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              The hair, I'm guessing. But it could just mean he stopped the chemo and accepted his fate as well.
              Well I'm no expert, but I think chemo tends to retard cancer's progress, right? And if he has hair on his head that means he is not doing chemo, so it stands to reason that the cancer is in remission? All speculation, but that's what I think.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69676

                #757
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                Gilligan says he's shocked and even at times angry by how many people still seem to be pulling for Walt. He says he doesn't get it at all and the guy is just completely evil. I would say one of the catches here is that the cancer is back. It just seems like there will always be a degree of sympathy for someone with cancer -- probably should have left that out of the equation.

                But I agree that I don't think he's evil enough to kill his family.
                All of them? Probably not and I am not sure if I can imagine a scenario where he would need to kill one of his kids. But Skylar? Absolutely. She could panic and try to turn him in or something.

                I recall seeing Gilligan say the same thing. He also hinted that he would have everyone convinced by the bitter end.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Green Lantern
                  Has overcome great fear
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 2289

                  #758
                  Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  The kid that took over Jesse's job (the one that shot the kid on the bike) helped him clean up the mess and get rid of the body. He knows.

                  I'm loving this show so much. Anyone watch the Talking Bad show with the producer Gilligan. The woman from Modern Family was hilarious. Producer made another comparison to Scarface when they brought up the flash forward scene with the big gun in the trunk. My prediction is that Skylar leaves him for good and takes the kids. Walt flees to avoid being arrested. In the final episode he storms the building Hank works at and has a Scarface style shootout. The ricin is for himself to swallow to commit suicide in case he isn't killed in the shootout.
                  I don't see this as a show that leads to a "blaze of glory" ending. I'm predicting something far quieter (but no less powerful and memorable) than a Scarface demise.
                  Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

                  None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

                  I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

                  --Portland Ute

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25266

                    #759
                    Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                    I don't know.

                    Wasn't the connect, an international one?

                    Why would he be in ABQ to go Scarface on some Czech gangsters? Lydia isn't even in NM, she's in TX.
                    ABQ was just a stop on the way to California
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #760
                      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      It amazes me how some fans still cling to the hope that Walt is a good guy.
                      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Gilligan says he's shocked and even at times angry by how many people still seem to be pulling for Walt.
                      I guess I am much like Nasty Nas in that sometimes I watch a flick illin' and root for the villain, huh!
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69676

                        #761
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Whoever is on the other end of this new operation is going to kill Walt's family because he won't help them, but Walt will make it into hiding. When he's alone at the Denny's arranging the bacon and has Skyler's maiden name, it's because they're dead and can't carry out the tradition. He's quit the chemo because he has nothing to live for, but comes back to have his Scarface moment with that badass gun in his trunk. Nobody knows he actually made it into hiding which is why the neighbor has that reaction. He locates these people and goes down trying to take them out. The end.
                        Hmmm... You may have something there.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #762
                          Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Well I'm no expert, but I think chemo tends to retard cancer's progress, right? And if he has hair on his head that means he is not doing chemo, so it stands to reason that the cancer is in remission? All speculation, but that's what I think.
                          Or, like I said, he just stopped doing the chemo regardless. To have it go into remission again seems like one too many times around the ferris wheel.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • Commando
                            Explosivo
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 20748

                            #763
                            Originally posted by Green Lantern View Post
                            I don't see this as a show that leads to a "blaze of glory" ending. I'm predicting something far quieter (but no less powerful and memorable) than a Scarface demise.
                            I agree with you, but I like the way MG connected those dots. It takes me a few watches to see the forest through the trees.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #764
                              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Or, like I said, he just stopped doing the chemo regardless. To have it go into remission again seems like one too many times around the ferris wheel.
                              That could be. Forgive me, because I often play candy crush when catching up on my shows, but was it confirmed that the cancer is back? I saw him taking the pills and vomiting and telling Hank the cancer is back, but if it showed him getting the bad news from his doctor I missed it.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25266

                                #765
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                That could be. Forgive me, because I often play candy crush when catching up on my shows, but was it confirmed that the cancer is back? I saw him taking the pills and vomiting and telling Hank the cancer is back, but if it showed him getting the bad news from his doctor I missed it.
                                When he got the call from Saul re: Pinkman's money, a zoomed out image revealed he was in an infusion-therapy clinic getting chemo treatment.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...