I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post

I will tell you Surfah. I was disappointed to hear the other one was a fake. That black stormtrooper was pretty badass...

While that trailer is fake, they did incorporate a lot of elements from the concept art leaks and spoilers from the past few months. My feeling is you won't be disappointed.

*And I don't mean this black stormtrooper, although he probably is pretty badass, too...

Last edited by Commando; 12-01-2014, 12:41 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I think that's Harvey Jackson.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

I also thought the same about the droid, hoping it won't turn into an Ewok/Jar Jar thing.
        Something that eased my mind on the ball-droid was that this particular design of droid was the original Ralph McQuarrie concept for R2-D2. From an old interview...

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• that ball droid is kind of dumb looking. sjbh. im still excited about the movies, tho.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            I think that's Harvey Jackson.
            racist.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              racist.
              It's not like I called him Jabberwocky.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Yes, I agree. All those parts in the teaser connect back to the earlier films. I also thought the same about the droid, hoping it won't turn into an Ewok/Jar Jar thing.

I'll freely admit my baggage. The 'first' movies had a great storyline, which set up some interesting stories for the 'last' movies. Despite my eagerness for the franchise to continue, I think those stories have run their course. I'm hoping that there's a new interesting story that can stand on its own, and that is given enough attention. I appreciate the attention paid to connecting the new movie with the old, and I'll enjoy the vast technical improvements that no doubt will be showcased. But in my mind, if the focus is on the same sets, gadgets, and typecasting of characters, It'll be similar to the remastering of episodes IV-VI. Not that the explosion of the Death Star was made cooler, but I really want a well-told story.

So yeah, this is the first teaser, and maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. But still, 'meh'.

Again, I'll cut it some slack. It was a teaser for a movie that isn't due for another year. But I'm hoping for better.
                I think we'll all be happy with the end result. JJ Abrams understands all of this far better than any of us here. The one thing that convinced me of that is the opening shot w John Boyega. The rest of the trailer was pretty much boilerplate star wars elements shot in a slightly different way, but that first 5 second shot alone was pretty unique in tone and presentation to anything we've seen in Star Wars live action movies. Another thing is what they've been able to do with the pre-episode III Clone Wars cartoon shorts and the latter several seasons of the computer animated series-- the universe is unreal in capable hands. JJ's gonna kill it.

Comment

• JJ Abrams was not a Star Trek fan growing up. He was a huge Star Wars fan. He nailed it with the Star Trek movies. There's no reason to think he's not going to nail the Star Wars movies.
                  If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                    JJ Abrams was not a Star Trek fan growing up. He was a huge Star Wars fan. He nailed it with the Star Trek movies. There's no reason to think he's not going to nail the Star Wars movies.
                    Umm, I agree with the Star Trek stuff, but need I remind you that he handed off Lost to Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelhof when he got bored with it. They then proceeded to <redacted> us all.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• The George Lucas cut of the trailer is hilarious. I had to look up some of the changes Lucas had made to the movies so I could get a couple references. Apparently Lucas was still making changes all the way through the bitter end with the Blu Ray releases and shortly before he sold things to Disney.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Umm, I agree with the Star Trek stuff, but need I remind you that he handed off Lost to Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelhof when he got bored with it. They then proceeded to <redacted> us all.
                        Oh, no! So sorry you got screwed watching a television show available for free on network television!

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          The George Lucas cut of the trailer is hilarious. I had to look up some of the changes Lucas had made to the movies so I could get a couple references. Apparently Lucas was still making changes all the way through the bitter end with the Blu Ray releases and shortly before he sold things to Disney.
                          My favorite one was the Greedo shot first tribute.
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Am I the only one who thought the most recent star trek movie was pretty lame? I didn't mind the first one.

Similar to Abrams, I wasn't a trekkie growing up but loved star wars.

I don't have high expectations for this trilogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              Am I the only one who thought the most recent star trek movie was pretty lame? I didn't mind the first one.

Similar to Abrams, I wasn't a trekkie growing up but loved star wars.

I don't have high expectations for this trilogy.

Yes, you are alone

Comment

• ive never seen the new Star Trek movies and dont really care about seeing them. My life is fine and I feel no ill effects.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X