No announcement yet.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What system is that on? That looks so fun.

I haven't owned any consoles for me for years, my kids play the original Wii, but we've never gotten in to it at all.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
      What system is that on? That looks so fun.

I haven't owned any consoles for me for years, my kids play the original Wii, but we've never gotten in to it at all.
      It's on XbOne, PS4, and PC.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Obviously this must be posted here even though I'm sure everybody's seen it more than once:

Got a 7:00 p.m. showing on the 17th on IMAX.
        Last edited by Commando; 10-20-2015, 12:33 PM.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I was going to buy tickets for opening night, but we have a church thing that night that I can't miss
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I was going to buy tickets for opening night, but we have a church thing that night that I can't miss
            Come on. It is not going to kill you to wait a day or two.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              It might!

Actually, I normally hate crowds and especially movie crowds, but it's going to be a lot of fun seeing a movie with a crazy over-the-top enthusiastic crowd.

Comment

• That last trailer has me worried that there's more Attack of the Clones in this upcoming movie than we thought.

Abrams should troll the Star Wars geeks and have a Luke and ghost Anakin scene featuring Hayden Christiansen.

I still can't believe that Lucas thought it was a good idea to have a whiny teenager be the character that has the "tragic" downfall. This isn't like Walter White where you're initially rooting for him and then start hating his guts and then start rooting for him again at the end. I wanted Anakin blown up around the midway point of Phantom Menace.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  That last trailer has me worried that there's more Attack of the Clones in this upcoming movie than we thought.
                  What part?

Comment

• On the same token, these rumors that Luke has turned bad are just totally stupid. It would render the climatic Vader-Luke-Emperor scenes as moot. On top of that, his transition to evil would have to happen in a period not covered by the movie.

More likely, Luke is a hermit and/or he tried to train the bad guy with the red lightsaber from the trailer and failed. They're seeking him out because the two main hero characters -- the black stormtrooper and the hot British girl who is not Keira Knightly -- have the force. The Empire doesn't want them to reach Luke, but the heroes also don't know how to find him.

I'm trying to figure out the family relationship -- is the main bad guy and the hot British girl who isn't Keira Knightly the offspring of Leia? Why is the girl isolated from her parents -- was it to protect her identity and location? Did they hand the boy over to Luke to train and the girl to someone on the Desert Planet That's Not Tattooine.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      What part?
                      The part with hundreds of Tie Fighters swarming around. It's like the "George Lucas Edition" that someone made from the first trailer. The reality is that the prequels were so bad, I feel like Abrams will hit a homerun even if this show is just moderately good.

Comment

On the same token, these rumors that Luke has turned bad are just totally stupid. It would render the climatic Vader-Luke-Emperor scenes as moot. On top of that, his transition to evil would have to happen in a period not covered by the movie.

More likely, Luke is a hermit and/or he tried to train the bad guy with the red lightsaber from the trailer and failed. They're seeking him out because the two main hero characters -- the black stormtrooper and the hot British girl who is not Keira Knightly -- have the force. The Empire doesn't want them to reach Luke, but the heroes also don't know how to find him.

I'm trying to figure out the family relationship -- is the main bad guy and the hot British girl who isn't Keira Knightly the offspring of Leia? Why is the girl isolated from her parents -- was it to protect her identity and location? Did they hand the boy over to Luke to train and the girl to someone on the Desert Planet That's Not Tattooine.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

On the same token, these rumors that Luke has turned bad are just totally stupid. It would render the climatic Vader-Luke-Emperor scenes as moot. On top of that, his transition to evil would have to happen in a period not covered by the movie.

You're on the right track, but the missing vital question not even the spoiler sites know-- WHY are Rey/Kylo Ren isolated from their parents (and who exactly they are for sure) is something that won't be covered until you see the movie. The trailer was great at showing everything but anything that gives away any of the plot. From what I gather, something bad happened on Luke's watch and now Luke is gone out of shame or to protect his remaining family. The Jedi/force are largely mythical/non-existent at this point. There is an item that both the First Order and the Resistance desperately want that advances the story and makes everything happen. There are plenty of clues to this in the teasers and this trailer, but I don't feel like looking up the spoiler tag formula right now.

Comment

The part with hundreds of Tie Fighters swarming around. It's like the "George Lucas Edition" that someone made from the first trailer. The reality is that the prequels were so bad, I feel like Abrams will hit a homerun even if this show is just moderately good.
                            Contrary to lots of snide remarks and the overwhelming emphasis on real sets and action in these new movies, all the CGI and action of the prequels were excessive, they were not the thing that made the movies inferior. I pin that directly on the script and direction. Otherwise great actors looking like crap? That's on Lucas and his refusal to take notes from anybody. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              It won't, but something might kill me inbetween opening night and when I finally get to see it. I bought tickets for the Monday after opening night so hopefully I survive for those 3 days
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                It won't, but something might kill me inbetween opening night and when I finally get to see it. I bought tickets for the Monday after opening night so hopefully I survive for those 3 days
                                Dude. Better not go to church b/c some a hole is going to spoil the movie for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X