Fan ratio in Salt Lake Co.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scottie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #1

    Fan ratio in Salt Lake Co.

    Do you think there are more Cougar fans than Ute fans in SL County? My guess is it's 50/50.
  • FMCoug
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 6825

    #2
    Originally posted by scottie View Post
    Do you think there are more Cougar fans than Ute fans in SL County? My guess is it's 50/50.
    Davis county is for sure that way. Don't know about SL.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

    Comment

    • SCcoug
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7625

      #3
      Originally posted by scottie View Post
      Do you think there are more Cougar fans than Ute fans in SL County? My guess is it's 50/50.
      Which team is having the better year?

      Comment

      • scottie
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 5247

        #4
        Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        Davis county is for sure that way. Don't know about SL.
        Do you think Utah Co. is 90% BYU?

        Comment

        • JohnnyLingo
          La Naranja
          • Nov 2008
          • 3976

          #5
          Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          Which team is having the better year?
          Ding ding ding ding ding.

          Comment

          • FMCoug
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 6825

            #6
            Originally posted by scottie View Post
            Do you think Utah Co. is 90% BYU?
            I'd say so ... if not higher. You see a Ute flag or T-shirt here in there ... but 10 other BYU ones for that one.
            "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

            Comment

            • Sizzle
              #ThisIsY
              • Nov 2008
              • 9004

              #7
              Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
              I'd say so ... if not higher. You see a Ute flag or T-shirt here in there ... but 10 other BYU ones for that one.
              Nice to see the UC grammar has gotten to you already. Here in there... Classic.

              Comment

              • UteStar
                Sexiest Poster in Town
                • Nov 2008
                • 2419

                #8
                Originally posted by scottie View Post
                Do you think there are more Cougar fans than Ute fans in SL County? My guess is it's 50/50.
                I would actually say that the ratio is more like 70/30 in SL County. I have never been in a neighborhood, nor have any of my friends, where there were more than a handful of BYU fans.

                In Davis County, I would say 60/40 for BYU. Utah County would be at least 90/10 for BYU.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                  I would actually say that the ratio is more like 70/30 in SL County. I have never been in a neighborhood, nor have any of my friends, where there were more than a handful of BYU fans.

                  In Davis County, I would say 60/40 for BYU. Utah County would be at least 90/10 for BYU.
                  This sounds about right, given that SL County is home to many of the more impoverished areas.

                  Go Utes!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #10
                    lol! This is a great troll scottie. Like there are any "Ute fans" anywhere. BYU haters yes, Ute fans no.

                    Comment

                    • New Mexican Disaster
                      Suomalainen
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4549

                      #11
                      Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                      I would actually say that the ratio is more like 70/30 in SL County. I have never been in a neighborhood, nor have any of my friends, where there were more than a handful of BYU fans.

                      In Davis County, I would say 60/40 for BYU. Utah County would be at least 90/10 for BYU.
                      No way UC is 90/10 except in Provo. There are enough bastards that want to go against the grain just to be different. Got to be more like 80/20.

                      Comment

                      • FMCoug
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 6825

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                        Nice to see the UC grammar has gotten to you already. Here in there... Classic.

                        LOL. Yeah that was a well placed typo.
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                        Comment

                        • Fiyero
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5266

                          #13
                          Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          Which team is having the better year?
                          This is a good point. How do you really spot a fan unless they are wearing gear or hanging a flag? It's tedious to number the silent fans.

                          I'm a Utah fan but only wear their shirts at games or when meeting a crowd to watch a game. I just don't get into wearing that stuff every other day.

                          Comment

                          • All-American
                            Right, as Usual
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 15674

                            #14
                            I seem to remember once upon a time that a Utah player griped that salt lake county was fifty fifty, but north or south of that, everybody was a BYU fan.
                            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                            Comment

                            Working...