SoonerCoug!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69700

    #1

    SoonerCoug!!

    Are you breathing?

    I hope you milk this win for all it is worth. Keep us posted on the reactions.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69700

    #2
    I thought about this post after the game:

    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • venkman
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 2199

      #3
      My company has an office in OKC that I deal with quite a bit. They were so smug this week. I can't wait til Monday.
      "Remember to double tap"

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16936

        #4
        I also hope he has some enjoyable visits on that OU board he was on last week. I won't go there, but if anyone sees something especially funny (that English PhD should have some deep thoughts) I'd appreciate a link.

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #5
          Our own DDD was sitting next to Babs at the game. I hope they are still friends.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37986

            #6
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Our own DDD was sitting next to Babs at the game. I hope they are still friends.
            You know, sometimes people hate each other so much.... they end up kissing.

            I'm just sayin'. If you notice any awkwardness between them on Monday, we'll know that happened.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • SoonerCoug
              Joycelyn Elders Supporter
              • Nov 2008
              • 4680

              #7
              I am a very happy person. I've been drinking Diet Coke by the gallons, and I probably won't sleep much tonight.

              We were sitting in a Sooner section, but my row and the row behind me had about 20 BYU fans. I was loud and obnoxious. I don't think there were more than 15K BYU fans at the game.

              The Sooner fans were looking shocked by halftime. Even though BYU looked great in the first half, I think that if Bradford had remained in the game, BYU would have only had a 25% chance of winning.

              Incidentally, most of the Sooner fans were quite kind and gracious.
              That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

              http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

              Comment

              • ERCougar
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10978

                #8
                Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                I am a very happy person. I've been drinking Diet Coke by the gallons, and I probably won't sleep much tonight.

                We were sitting in a Sooner section, but my row and the row behind me had about 20 BYU fans. I was loud and obnoxious. I don't think there were more than 15K BYU fans at the game.

                The Sooner fans were looking shocked by halftime. Even though BYU looked great in the first half, I think that if Bradford had remained in the game, BYU would have only had a 25% chance of winning.

                Incidentally, most of the Sooner fans were quite kind and gracious.
                There was a girl in front of me who reminded my of your avatar. She was literally bawling. At the end of the game, she takes my hand and (tearfully) pleads for us to "go win all of the rest of our games so we can win the g--d-mn championship".

                I told her we would.
                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37986

                  #9
                  Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                  There was a girl in front of me who reminded my of your avatar. She was literally bawling. At the end of the game, she takes my hand and (tearfully) pleads for us to "go win all of the rest of our games so we can win the g--d-mn championship".

                  I told her we would.
                  What would it be like for OU and BYU to both win out, meet each other in the NC game, and have BYU beat OU for the second time. Did you remind her of that somewhat less-slight possibility?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • venkman
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2199

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    There was a girl in front of me who reminded my of your avatar. She was literally bawling. At the end of the game, she takes my hand and (tearfully) pleads for us to "go win all of the rest of our games so we can win the g--d-mn championship".

                    I told her we would.
                    What is up with Sooner fans bawling? Do they just take their football way too seriously? Is there even less to do in Norman than in Provo?
                    "Remember to double tap"

                    Comment

                    • SoonerCoug
                      Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4680

                      #11
                      Originally posted by venkman View Post
                      What is up with Sooner fans bawling? Do they just take their football way too seriously? Is there even less to do in Norman than in Provo?
                      Hell, even I am crying right now--tears of joy.
                      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                      http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                      Comment

                      • ERCougar
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10978

                        #12
                        Originally posted by venkman View Post
                        What is up with Sooner fans bawling? Do they just take their football way too seriously? Is there even less to do in Norman than in Provo?
                        Well, in this particular coed's case, alcohol just may have played a role...
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                        Comment

                        • Babs
                          Not a Lawyer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 17128

                          #13
                          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          Our own DDD was sitting next to Babs at the game. I hope they are still friends.
                          as if.

                          Comment

                          • venkman
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2199

                            #14
                            Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                            Hell, even I am crying right now--tears of joy.
                            You'd better bear your testimony tomorrow!
                            "Remember to double tap"

                            Comment

                            • SoonerCoug
                              Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4680

                              #15
                              Originally posted by venkman View Post
                              You'd better bear your testimony tomorrow!
                              I'm not going to church tomorrow. I'm not going to get up in time because I'm too busy sucking out all the marrow of life. They'd never listen to me in church anyway, but I do plan on paying my tithing this year.
                              That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                              http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                              Comment

                              Working...