UM and Rich Rod:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UM and Rich Rod:

Man. UM should just cut their loses with this dude. He has brought nothing but trouble for UM.

More players are calling him out now..

WOW...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4434031

I'll be surprised if he makes it to his 3rd year there.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Man. UM should just cut their loses with this dude. He has brought nothing but trouble for UM.

More players are calling him out now..

WOW...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4434031
      just more proof that Michigan players are pussies

He should have done more house cleaning when he got there.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        lol. This is exactly what I thought as well.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

He should have done more house cleaning when he got there.

Or maybe. MAYBE. He is just a arrogant asshole and is now paying the price in more ways than one.

I tend to think Rod is a prick so I saw the writing on the wall.. It was only a matter of time..

It isn't about cleaning house.. Sure, you can clean your house and allow the rule breaking to continue un-noticed.. Gotcha...

Comment

Or maybe. MAYBE. He is just a arrogant asshole and is now paying the price in more ways than one.

I tend to think Rod is a prick so I saw the writing on the wall.. It was only a matter of time..

It isn't about cleaning house.. Sure, you can clean your house and allow the rule breaking to continue un-noticed.. Gotcha...
            What kind of player bitches about a little extra practice? A player that is a pussy. Should he be breaking the rules? No. His own players turning him in for a little extra practice tells me that they are pussies though.

Comment

This might be an opportunity for a team to get made an example of, since it seems that every tier 1 team requires its players to work a lot more than 20 hours a week, or at least motivates them to do so without "forcing" them to.

Still, I have to agree that this is an example of a couple of very weak individuals looking for a way to get out of doing work. It's sad. I don't see this as any indication of RR's ability as a coach.

Comment

What kind of player bitches about a little extra practice? A player that is a pussy. Should he be breaking the rules? No. His own players turning him in for a little extra practice tells me that they are pussies though.
                My guess is they are turning him in because he is a dick not because of extra practices. If you try and mistreat those in your power and control, they will find something about you that is wrong and sell you out. Works in business and in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                  My guess is they are turning him in because he is a dick not because of extra practices. If you try and mistreat those in your power and control, they will find something about you that is wrong and sell you out. Works in business and in sports.
                  I agree, it's not about practices.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I haven't paid much attention to the Rich Rodriguez situation, but it seems like he did some dumb things to piss off both alumni and players. One thing I remember is how he routinely broke with UM tradition on a few things.

Everyone one should follow the Pete Carroll guide to PR (notwithstanding his Mark Sanchez rant). The LA World is Carroll and USC's oyster and its because Carroll is open to the media, holds open practices and has readily embraced everything USC, especially its tradition. It also helps that he has the best hair of any man in America over the age of 40.

BTW the initial inductee into the Jeff Garcia HoF of non-hispanic looking people with spanish names should be Rich Rodriguez.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Wrong. He is not liked and evoked his arrogant behavior on some players and it didn't sit well, so they turned him in.. This isn't about the practices at all.. A former player who thought he was a prick who is now at Colorado has come out and said it is all true.. This is about sticking it to a dick...

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        I haven't paid much attention to the Rich Rodriguez situation, but it seems like he did some dumb things to piss off both alumni and players. One thing I remember is how he routinely broke with UM tradition on a few things.

Everyone one should follow the Pete Carroll guide to PR (notwithstanding his Mark Sanchez rant). The LA World is Carroll and USC's oyster and its because Carroll is open to the media, holds open practices and has readily embraced everything USC, especially its tradition. It also helps that he has the best hair of any man in America over the age of 40.

BTW the initial inductee into the Jeff Garcia HoF of non-hispanic looking people with spanish names should be Rich Rodriguez.

FYI: Broke a century tradition of naming the Captains of the team..

Just like that.. "POOF"..

This even pissed off some of us non UM fans.. Tradition at Um is better then what he brings to the table..

Comment

Wrong. He is not liked and evoked his arrogant behavior on some players and it didn't sit well, so they turned him in.. This isn't about the practices at all.. A former player who thought he was a prick who is now at Colorado has come out and said it is all true.. This is about sticking it to a dick...
                          He probably is a dick. It still sounds like a bunch of pussy players that could not hack the increased intensity from going to Carr to Rodriguez. Often when a new coach comes to a struggling (and yes UM was struggling and eroding) program there are incumbent people and players that can't hack the changes.

Rich Rodriguez can coach. Michigan's players and alum need to fall in line or GTFO. Incumbent players are just pissed that the defense and offense have completely changed and that there might not be a place for them anymore.

ps he should show more respect to some of the traditions though.

Comment

He probably is a dick. It still sounds like a bunch of pussy players that could not hack the increased intensity from going to Carr to Rodriguez. Often when a new coach comes to a struggling (and yes UM was struggling and eroding) program there are incumbent people and players that can't hack the changes.

Rich Rodriguez can coach. Michigan's players and alum need to fall in line or GTFO. Incumbent players are just pissed that the defense and offense have completely changed and that there might not be a place for them anymore.

ps he should show more respect to some of the traditions though.

As a person who truly does enjoy UM's failures, I still want them to be successful.

I hardly think the cupboard at UM was empty or eroding. They were stacked at QB and probably would have had a stellar WR corp if RR had nto run out some of the talent (Qb's) and others (WR) decided to enter the draft early.

Remember.. This is a team that beat Florida in Carr's final bowl game with a lot of talent and players who would of still been there..

To say they were falling apart is not entirely true.. The falling apart took place when he came and instead of working with what he got he was stubborn and decided to implement his sytem and turned a fair team into a horrible team. He should of slowly worked his system into the program. Instead, he came in and destroyed a lot of tradition without a care in the world..

Don't blame Carr or his staff on the undoing of UM.. That responsibility is squarely on RR. He made his bed and deserves all the heat he is getting...

PS: I say the Alumni can say what they want and have that right.. THEY will be there supporting UM LONG past RR's time there.. He is not one of them nor has he made any attempt to embrace UM, their tradition or past...

Comment

As a person who truly does enjoy UM's failures, I still want them to be successful.

I hardly think the cupboard at UM was empty or eroding. They were stacked at QB and probably would have had a stellar WR corp if RR had nto run out some of the talent (Qb's) and others (WR) decided to enter the draft early.

Remember.. This is a team that beat Florida in Carr's final bowl game with a lot of talent and players who would of still been there..

To say they were falling apart is not entirely true.. The falling apart took place when he came and instead of working with what he got he was stubborn and decided to implement his sytem and turned a fair team into a horrible team. He should of slowly worked his system into the program. Instead, he came in and destroyed a lot of tradition without a care in the world..

Don't blame Carr or his staff on the undoing of UM.. That responsibility is squarely on RR. He made his bed and deserves all the heat he is getting...

PS: I say the Alumni can say what they want and have that right.. THEY will be there supporting UM LONG past RR's time there.. He is not one of them nor has he made any attempt to embrace UM, their tradition or past...
                              Michigan lost Henne, Hart and Long all 4 year starters, also Manningham and Arrington on offense and Terrence Taylor, Shawn Crable, and Morgan Trent on defense. The cupboard was bare, to say they had QB depth is asinine they had Nick Sheridan (former walk on and prostyle QB) and Steven Threet a transfer from Georgia Tech who has since transfered again. They were in trouble from teh beginning.

Rich-rod came in and revamped everything, he should have been more sensitive to certain traditions (specifically the number 1 jersey to the best receiver, but Braylon Edwards and his scholarship money quickly set him straight) but everything else he needs to do his own way. They through out every piece of outdated equipment in the weight room, he did not keep a single coach on his staff, and he started from scratch.

I think he will be successful in time, he is already proving to be a good recruiter.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X