My is son going to play LB for BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My is son going to play LB for BYU

My 3rd born (Unga to the left) is the most reserved of all our children. After watching his 9 year old team practice for the past 2 weeks it is obvious he has some built up anger towards his dad, mom, brothers, or primary teacher. My quiet kid flat out loves to hit people and I have seen him smirk a couple times when he made other kids cry.

Last night as I watched practice I realized he will someday be wearing cougar blue. Not because he was making every play but because he runs full speed and if the running back moves an inch to the side he flies by like a bull whistling past a matador. Unfortunately, BYU has a much longer legacy in producing matador-missers than it does of freight trains.

When I sit in the family section will I get seats?
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 08-27-2009, 03:42 PM.

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    My 3rd born is the most reserved of all our children. After watching his 9 year old team practice for the past 2 weeks it is obvious he has some built up anger towards his dad mom, brothers, or primary teacher. My quiet kid flat loves to hit people and I have seen him smirk a couple times when he made other kids cry.

Last night as I watched practice I realized he will someday be wearing cougar blue. Not because he was making every play but because he runs full speed and if the running back moves an inch to the side he flies by like a bull whistling past a matador. Unfortunately, BYU has a much longer legacy in producing matador-missers than it does of freight trains.

Apparently you have failed to account for genetics. Sounds like the kid approaches the game the right way, but you are aquainted with his father, right?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Apparently you have failed to account for genetics. Sounds like the kid approaches the game the right way, but you are aquainted with his father, right?
      Ha! That was good.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post

Best gardner we've ever had.

Comment

My 3rd born is the most reserved of all our children. After watching his 9 year old team practice for the past 2 weeks it is obvious he has some built up anger towards his dad mom, brothers, or primary teacher. My quiet kid flat loves to hit people and I have seen him smirk a couple times when he made other kids cry.

I will archive this post in remembrance of when my 6 year old daughter runs over your sons ass when she is playing for Utah State.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Will he be 6'1 225 and slow? If not, he can't play MLB for BYU.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              Will he be 6'1 225 and slow? If not, he can't play MLB for BYU.
              Last year and this year are rare years in the annals of BYU football, with respect to MLB play. Starting next year hard nipples will abound for some time from BYU MLB play.

My sources feel strongly that Hooks can make a difference. Shit, I hope so. I think that if the MLB is just adequate, the other playmakers (JJ, Rich and perhaps Pendleton and even So'oto) will be able to do their thing. The improvement in safety is big on its own, if the MLBs can do their job the defense might just be good.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

My 3rd born (Unga to the left) is the most reserved of all our children. After watching his 9 year old team practice for the past 2 weeks it is obvious he has some built up anger towards his dad mom, brothers, or primary teacher. My quiet kid flat loves to hit people and I have seen him smirk a couple times when he made other kids cry.

I would also ask if football is currently his 5th priority otherwise, no dice.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                  Last year and this year are rare years in the annals of BYU football, with respect to MLB play. Starting next year hard nipples will abound for some time from BYU MLB play.
                  I know, I know. I am just kidding. I think you will have to wait until 2011 thought my friend at least for the MLB position to give you the hard nips you seek.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

My sources feel strongly that Hooks can make a difference. Shit, I hope so. I think that if the MLB is just adequate, the other playmakers (JJ, Rich and perhaps Pendleton and even So'oto) will be able to do their thing. The improvement in safety is big on its own, if the MLBs can do their job the defense might just be good.
                    Hooks will make a difference. I just wish he hadn't missed so much of camp.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                    X