2020 College Football Thread (RIP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
    Cyclones about to take down the Sooners in Ames.
    Diet Pat Mahomes comes up short for the second straight week.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      First Oklahoma and now Texas..

What a glorious General Conference weekend it has been!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And then Oklahoma again.

Comment

• Nice win for Tulsa @ UCF too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Diet Pat Mahomes comes up short for the second straight week.
          That’s funny.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              That’s funny.
              I texted that to my co-worker from OK, who is a huge Sooner fan. She texted back: “More like Caffeine-Free Diet Pat Mahomes.”
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Nice win for Tulsa @ UCF too.
                Very helpful for our NY6 bowl hopes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  Very helpful for our NY6 bowl hopes.
                  I don’t see how that could be. The top non-p5 conference champion gets in even if they are ranked #25. I’d rather have a them in the top 12, where they take the spot another at-large might take.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• 2020 College Football Thread (RIP)

Bama vs Ohio St. Would be fun again but I hope we get another shot at Clemson. [emoji2959]

Last edited by dabrockster; 10-04-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      Baja vs Ohio St. Would be fun again but I hope we get another shot at Clemson. [emoji2959]

Maybe play an actual football game first.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• yup

Comment

• Houston's speed is going to cause issues for BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                            Houston's speed is going to cause issues for BYU.
                            Yip. They definitely seem to have plenty of speed. It will be an interesting matchup. They love the deep ball. Will it be better to drop 8 into coverage and have lots of safety help over the top, or better to bring 5+ at the QB to disrupt their timing?

They'll also need to keep the ball away from Houston's returner(s). Kickoffs through the endzone and punt(s) out of bounds.

On offense, the receivers probably won't get as much separation as they have in the first three games. And Houston's d-line had a lot of highlights getting after the QB as well as in run defense.

I'll presume that they'll have better ball security than they did against Tulane. On the road. Could be a pretty tough game.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Arkansas got completely screwed by the SEC Officials today. Auburn QB muffed the snap and then tried to spike it to kill the clock, but ended up throwing it backwards, which should have been a backwards pass. Arkansas recovered the ball within 2 seconds of the fumble. Refs on the field called it intentional grounding. Replay clearly showed that it was a backwards pass recovered by Arkansas, but officials confirmed the call on the field. Refs took ten seconds off the clock because of the penalty (didn't give Arkansas the option to decline the time penalty) and Auburn kicked the game winning field goal with 7 seconds remaining.

https://twitter.com/br_betting/statu...734438400?s=20

In a statement after the game, SEC officiating says the video clearly showed it was a backwards pass, but because there was no "immediate clear recovery," the call couldn't be reversed:

https://twitter.com/SECOfficiating/s...347484675?s=20

That's not what the rule says though. The rule says that the call can't be reversed if there is no recovery in the "immediate continuing football action":

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 10.09.48 PM.jpg

Sure looked like there was a recovery during the immediate continuing football action to me.

Comment

• The following BYU opponents won this weekend:

Houston
                                Troy
                                Navy
                                LA Tech

Our SOS is building!

The bad news:

Texas State lost (to Troy so it's a wash I guess) and WKU lost to Marshall.
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X