Originally posted by DrumNFeather
View Post
Colin Cowherd was lighting up Utah today.....
Collapse
X
-
Utah beat Kentucky in the NIT championship in 1947 (the NIT title was the thing then; the NCAA tournament was less prestigious), and in the finals of the Kentucky Classic in Lexington in 1976. Those are the two I know off hand.Originally posted by myboynoah View PostHas Utah ever beaten Kentucky?
As far as message boards go, it doesn't get any better than this. Rapping about Utah's rivalry in basketball with Kentucky and upcoming Sugar Bowl game with Alabama.When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
--Jonathan Swift
Comment
-
The problem with his approach is that he is painting himself in a corner as a BCS conference/system apologist. If Bama wins, Utah doesn't belong. If Utah wins, Bama didn't want to be there. He has an excuse (often poor) for everything BCS related.Originally posted by Hot Lunch View PostI actually love listening to Cowherd. I know there are a lot of haters of "The Herd" on this board.
The one thing I think he knows and understands is College Football. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to college football. He does a ton of research and watches a ton of games.
I remember one show he was asked why he didn't stick around for the weekend to stand on the sidelines of one of the biggest game that week and he said that if he attended the game that is the only game he would have watched that Saturday and it would have killed him not being able to see all the other games being played that Saturday."They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.
Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Comment
-
I think you make a good point, but I'm sure Texas/Tesax Tech and Georgia would kill BYU. That doesn't bode well for Utah.Originally posted by DrumNFeather View PostAs I mentioned in a post on Utefans, Cowheard speaks in extremes...that is his schtick.
He asks the question: Do Utah and Boise St. belong in the BCS?
His answer: No.
His justification: Neither can hang in the SEC or Big 12.
Fine. I can handle that logic. HOWEVA (like Stephen A. Smith) he is completly ignoring the other 4 BCS leagues that have had very average seasons. Nobody is going to convince me (regardless of my homerness) that any team in the Big East or ACC would blow Utah out this year.
He also likes to argue that comparing first place teams in conferences is silly, so he says you should compare third place teams.
Which of these teams would beat BYU handily?
ACC:FSU/Ga. Tech
Big East:West Va.
Big 12: Texas/Texas Tech (technically)
Big 10: Michigan St.
Pac 10: Oregon St.
SEC:Georgia
I know Ute Fans didn't want to get "screwed again" by playing Cincy or whoever the ACC BCS team is this year. However, I think that option would have been better for this Utah team. While anything is possible and Utah could, if it plays very, very well, stay with Alabama, I fear it could get very ugly. Outside of Sakoda, I don't see the exceptional talent needed to stay with Alabama.
This area (Memphis) is amazing in the talent it sends into the SEC, yet I have not heard anyone talk about this as a hotbed of CFB recruiting. Still, 20+ kids will accept SEC scholarship offers this year. Contrast that to SLC. How many Memphis' are there in the SEC footprint? The difference in talent pools is striking.Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!
For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.
Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."
Comment
-
Actually he has said numerous times on his show this year that he would prefer a playoff.Originally posted by DrumNFeather View PostThe problem with his approach is that he is painting himself in a corner as a BCS conference/system apologist. If Bama wins, Utah doesn't belong. If Utah wins, Bama didn't want to be there. He has an excuse (often poor) for everything BCS related.Dyslexics are teople poo...
Comment
-
He has also said that he is a "BCS guy." He reminds me of Bill Maher. All he does is set up straw man arguments so that he is never wrong...at least that is what he has done on this particular issue.Originally posted by Flystripper View PostActually he has said numerous times on his show this year that he would prefer a playoff."They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.
Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Comment
-
I never realized how stocked the Memphis area was for high quality D1 players until I read Bruce Feldman's Meat Market. You are right a ton of D1 players come from that area.Originally posted by myboynoah View PostI think you make a good point, but I'm sure Texas/Tesax Tech and Georgia would kill BYU. That doesn't bode well for Utah.
I know Ute Fans didn't want to get "screwed again" by playing Cincy or whoever the ACC BCS team is this year. However, I think that option would have been better for this Utah team. While anything is possible and Utah could, if it plays very, very well, stay with Alabama, I fear it could get very ugly. Outside of Sakoda, I don't see the exceptional talent needed to stay with Alabama.
This area (Memphis) is amazing in the talent it sends into the SEC, yet I have not heard anyone talk about this as a hotbed of CFB recruiting. Still, 20+ kids will accept SEC scholarship offers this year. Contrast that to SLC. How many Memphis' are there in the SEC footprint? The difference in talent pools is striking.Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
Utah/Kentucky is one of my favorite college hoops rivalries.Originally posted by SeattleUte View PostUtah beat Kentucky in the NIT championship in 1947 (the NIT title was the thing then; the NCAA tournament was less prestigious), and in the finals of the Kentucky Classic in Lexington in 1976. Those are the two I know off hand.
As far as message boards go, it doesn't get any better than this. Rapping about Utah's rivalry in basketball with Kentucky and upcoming Sugar Bowl game with Alabama.Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
-
Except, I often hear "hammer" and "nail" in the same sentence.Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View PostDo you also enjoy the dramtic rivalry of the hammer and the nail?
I am happy to discover today that BYU's football rival, the University of Oklahoma, whom the Cougars beat, is having an up year. This kind of success can only help build our rivalry.Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
That's because you're a Ute hating zoob.Originally posted by TripletDaddy View PostUtah/Kentucky is one of my favorite college hoops rivalries."Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
Comment
Comment