No announcement yet.

2019 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL... UW lost to Cal at home. Who watches these late night PAC-12 games that end 4am (ET) in the freak'n morning? Australians?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      LOL... UW lost to Cal at home. Who watches these late night PAC-12 games that end 4am (ET) in the freak'n morning? Australians?
      There was a 2 1/2 hour severe weather delay.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
        So laughable.. You had no problems when Urban was your asshole..

Much like KWhit is equally an asshole..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Urban Meyer was an asshole when he coached at Utah. I enjoyed that he won games at Utah, but that didn't make him a good person. Enjoy the games he won from The(TM) Ohio St University, but don't try to make him some sort of saint.

Whittingham has his asshole qualities too (most coaches do), but he is nowhere near on the level of Meyer. Don't kid yourself.

Meyer is a bad human being, just like Saban and Swinney.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Right so USC overperformed yesterday and UW massively underperformed.

Still hoping for 1-1 the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

I'm going to hope a little higher.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Virginia starts the season 2-0, with convincing wins over defending Coastal Division champs Pitt on the road and a lousy William & Mary team at home. Now ranked 25 in the AP poll. Picked to win the Coastal Division and play in the ACC Championship this year.

Nice to see my other team having success, especially with Bronco and his crew at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                I'm going to hope a little higher.
                Then you will surely be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

Cal is good, a program on the rise. Could win the North.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

And with no Miles Gaskin to lean on, the Huskies offense is very quiet.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      It is hard to say when they play PAC-12 teams but their game against the mean green of North Texas on Saturday should tell us how good they are.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And with no Miles Gaskin to lean on, the Huskies offense is very quiet.
                        and eason is incredibly overrated. petersen effed up there. if he were still with boise, he would have gone with the correct choice for starting QB. being at UW, he didn't have the balls to pull the trigger.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          and eason is incredibly overrated. petersen effed up there. if he were still with boise, he would have gone with the correct choice for starting QB. being at UW, he didn't have the balls to pull the trigger.
                          That is a problem you get with highly rated QB recruits, everyone anoints them the starter before they even go through camp. And coaches bend to the pressure of that expectation more often than not.
                          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            Umm sos only matters when you are chasing a ny6 or playoff game. SOS does not mean shit for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            If that's the metric then none of our games "matter." But say we beat UMass (*fingers crossed*), people (mostly Utes) will cite a win against a team that lost to an FCS team as evidence that the win should be discounted. I know this because it's already happening with Tennessee.
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

LOL. When? IN 2029? Cal is improved, but they aren't a rival for the Ducks yet (or the Huskies, last Saturday notwithstanding).

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                If that's the metric then none of our games "matter." But say we beat UMass (*fingers crossed*), people (mostly Utes) will cite a win against a team that lost to an FCS team as evidence that the win should be discounted. I know this because it's already happening with Tennessee.
                                I, for one, don't really care what those type of people, and especially Utes, say.

I'm with Flystripper: Discussions about SOS and the "transitive" properties of football victories are stupid.

The "My Team Is Better Than Your Team" calculator is awesome: https://myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X