Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Yes it will. Total posers.

We in erudite Southern Utah prefer the term poseur.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
      With all due respect, even a Utah loss vs. Oregon won't invalidate a great season.
      11-2 and headed to a nice bowl game is a great year. I'll remember this season fondly for a long time.
      If it isn't the playoffs or the Rose Bowl.....who cares. The rest of the non BCS Bowls are just different levels of uninteresting.

Comment

We in erudite Southern Utah prefer the term poseur.
        Erudite my arse!

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
          Erudite my arse!
          This is kind of a funny play-on-words in Latin.
          Erudite is a (2nd person plural) present active imperative that means, "Teach!" or "Educate!"
          Essentially, you're telling Southern Utahns to "Teach my ass!"

#qed
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

This is kind of a funny play-on-words in Latin.
            Erudite is a (2nd person plural) present active imperative that means, "Teach!" or "Educate!"
            Essentially, you're telling Southern Utahns to "Teach my ass!"

#qed
            Yeah...I knew that, duh!

Comment

• Based on the eye test, I would assume the Utes beat Oregon somewhere in the 10 to 14 point range. Based on each teams trajectory over the past 6 games, Utah is riding high and Oregon is struggling.

The interesting caveats to this are:
              1)Oregon has deeper talent on their roster. Maybe not with the starters, but they have been recruiting well for a while.
              2) Utah has gone 1 - 1 against teams this season with similar talent levels. Utah needed a late kick in the butt to secure a win at Washington in the final minutes of the game.
              3)If the gameplan as usual with Utah being able to run over opposing defenses isn't working, Whit is the type of person to go conservative letting Oregon take risks. Oregon is pretty good getting interceptions. Utah's passing game has been their biggest improvement. If Huntley struggles a bit, how does Whit respond?

But all of this is just talk and speculation. I don't think Utah has played a very difficult schedule so its tough to completely trust the eye test. But they can prove people right or wrong tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                Based on the eye test, I would assume the Utes beat Oregon somewhere in the 10 to 14 point range. Based on each teams trajectory over the past 6 games, Utah is riding high and Oregon is struggling.

The interesting caveats to this are:
                1)Oregon has deeper talent on their roster. Maybe not with the starters, but they have been recruiting well for a while.
                2) Utah has gone 1 - 1 against teams this season with similar talent levels. Utah needed a late kick in the butt to secure a win at Washington in the final minutes of the game.
                3)If the gameplan as usual with Utah being able to run over opposing defenses isn't working, Whit is the type of person to go conservative letting Oregon take risks. Oregon is pretty good getting interceptions. Utah's passing game has been their biggest improvement. If Huntley struggles a bit, how does Whit respond?

But all of this is just talk and speculation. I don't think Utah has played a very difficult schedule so its tough to completely trust the eye test. But they can prove people right or wrong tonight.
                If you truly believe that, you should put some money on Utah. They are 6.5 pt favorites.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• My intuition should never be used to put money down. My pessimism as a BYU fan clearly plays into this. I'm not a rational sports prognosticator.

I have yet to hear a national pundit pick Oregon to win. I don't think I've seen anyone predict a double digit win though. I listed several reasons why Utah could lose. I'm just not entirely confident they matter.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                    Yeah...I knew that, duh!

Comment

• Utah could still win this, but getting their asses kicked in the first half really opens the door for Oklahoma if they win (at all).

If Oklahoma wins convincingly, I can't imagine Utah going ahead of them at this point.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Fuck you Ludwig.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• The freaking douchebags are gonna come back and win this sucker. Come on Oregon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Utah could still win this, but getting their asses kicked in the first half really opens the door for Oklahoma if they win (at all).

If Oklahoma wins convincingly, I can't imagine Utah going ahead of them at this point.
                            Yup people on the East Coast are already asleep. They won’t see this comeback anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              Utah could still win this, but getting their asses kicked in the first half really opens the door for Oklahoma if they win (at all).

Playoffs are out the question. Playing for the Rose Bowl at this point.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                The freaking douchebags are gonna come back and win this sucker. Come on Oregon!
                                Luckily Kyle doesn’t even want to win — not even trying! Giving away possession voluntarily for a few yards of field position.

Comment

Working...
                                X