Bradford for Heisman?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #1

    Bradford for Heisman?

    ESPN just talking Heisman favorites for the next year. They liked McCoy better than Bradford or Tebow because of favorable scheduling. I think we all know what big blue wall they were talking about.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #2
    favorable scheduling? that must be some kind of euphemism for sympathy vote. Having been passed up the last two years, McCoy's pretty much a lock for the Heisman.

    Well, plus there's that whole thing about him being really good and sitting behind one of the best OL's in the country. He should have killer numbers this year.

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #3
      I still don't understand how a QB performing well behind an outstanding line and a favorable schedule makes him the "most valuable" player in the country. Let's see him swap places with Max Hall.

      Comment

      • JohnnyLingo
        La Naranja
        • Nov 2008
        • 3976

        #4
        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
        I still don't understand how a QB performing well behind an outstanding line and a favorable schedule makes him the "most valuable" player in the country. Let's see him swap places with Max Hall.
        Unless the term "most valuable player" is defined, the award is ridiculous in all sports.

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #5
          Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
          I still don't understand how a QB performing well behind an outstanding line and a favorable schedule makes him the "most valuable" player in the country. Let's see him swap places with Max Hall.
          The Heisman isn't for the most valuable player. It's for the best player.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • KillerDog
            a.k.a. K-dog
            • Feb 2009
            • 4196

            #6
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            The Heisman isn't for the most valuable player. It's for the best player.
            I don't know if it is for the best player. Experience says tha the type of season his team has plays a role in Heisman voting. I think it is for the player with the best season considering the level of competition, public exposure, quality of his team's performance, and personal statistics as variables in the equation.

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #7
              Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
              I don't know if it is for the best player. Experience says tha the type of season his team has plays a role in Heisman voting. I think it is for the player with the best season considering the level of competition, public exposure, quality of his team's performance, and personal statistics as variables in the equation.
              Well, it's supposed to be for the best player, but your point about the player with the best season is a very good point.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • FMCoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 6825

                #8
                Individual awards in team sports are by their nature heavily subjective and based on factors the individual player has no control over.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                Comment

                Working...