No announcement yet.

2019 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team looks more talented than I expected. Who are the potential NFL draft picks from this group? Tonga seems obvious. Williams should get a shot. But what about guys like Ghanwoloku and Fonua? Bushman? Anyone on the o-line?

Comment

• Comment

• Ugh.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
          That sucks
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• When BYU beats Toledo it will be our second victory against a team located on the I-75 corridor (Tennessee being the other one) this season alone! I doubt there are many other programs who can say that.

Comment

• Also we beat Cincinnati in 2016 just to add another notch to our I-75 corridor conquest belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                When BYU beats Toledo it will be our second victory against a team located on the I-75 corridor (Tennessee being the other one) this season alone! I doubt there are many other programs who can say that.
                Don't forget about USF the following week. Complete I-75 domination.

Comment

• Although 2-2 is better than I was expecting (I predicted 1-3) to start the season, a victory against Toledo is definitely not a gimme.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                    Although 2-2 is better than I was expecting (I predicted 1-3) to start the season, a victory against Toledo is definitely not a gimme.
                    No it isn't. I am surprised how many people here say they will be really disappointed if we don't win the next four games. Why? Here are our odds according to Massey:

Toledo - 60%
                    South Florida - 69%
                    BSU - 35%
                    USU - 25%

If you run the math on those win probabilities, our odds of winning all four games = 3.6%. Not bloody likely.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      No it isn't. I am surprised how many people here say they will be really disappointed if we don't win the next four games. Why? Here are our odds according to Massey:

Toledo - 60%
                      South Florida - 69%
                      BSU - 35%
                      USU - 25%

If you run the math on those win probabilities, our odds of winning all four games = 3.6%. Not bloody likely.
                      Are those numbers correct? A 25% chance of beating USU? I watched them for the first time on Saturday and was not impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Are those numbers correct? A 25% chance of beating USU? I watched them for the first time on Saturday and was not impressed.
                        Either way, the odds are long. Let's suppose we had 50% odds in all four games. Odds of winning all four = 6.25%. If we had 75% winning odds in each game, odds of winning all four = 31.6%.

Funny how often people see a team favored in all or most of their games and assume they are going undefeated. That is not how it works.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I'll be really disappointed if we don't win the next four games. I'll never be like "oh well we lost to Utah State and that's totally acceptable because Lebowski did some math."

Comment

• Let's all agree the next four games are winnable! C'mon, guys, we can build from this.

Comment

Either way, the odds are long. Let's suppose we had 50% odds in all four games. Odds of winning all four = 6.25%. If we had 75% winning odds in each game, odds of winning all four = 31.6%.

Funny how often people see a team favored in all or most of their games and assume they are going undefeated. That is not how it works.
                              [hilarious post about the mathematical odds of losing nine straight to an evenly matched opponent]

Comment

Toledo - 60%
                                South Florida - 69%
                                BSU - 35%
                                USU - 25%

Ugh, we have a better shot at losing all four (6%) than winning all 4. If we lose all 4 we better have an interim head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X