Buying a PS3 or 360 Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a PS3 or 360 Used

Is that something you would recommend or is it getting it brand spankin new out of the box better?

I don't know very much to be honest with you, but the little I do know has me leaning towards the PS3 right now just because of the Blu-Ray Feature.

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
    Is that something you would recommend or is it getting it brand spankin new out of the box better?

I don't know very much to be honest with you, but the little I do know has me leaning towards the PS3 right now just because of the Blu-Ray Feature.
    I'd buy new. These things tend to break or at the very least seem to have a shelf life of a few years as with most things electronic. Who knows what has happened to a used unit.

Blu-Ray is nice, but the 360's online feature is far superior and which makes the gaming experience for me. So it'd be a 360 without even thinking about it for me.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

We use the PS3 more for DVD/Blu-Ray than for gaming. I've been very happy with our PS3.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I'd buy new. These things tend to break or at the very least seem to have a shelf life of a few years as with most things electronic. Who knows what has happened to a used unit.

Blu-Ray is nice, but the 360's online feature is far superior and which makes the gaming experience for me. So it'd be a 360 without even thinking about it for me.
        I would buy new as well. I had to send back my 360 3 times before I had the red ring of death taken care of. <knock on wood that it stays that way>
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          I would buy new as well. I had to send back my 360 3 times before I had the red ring of death taken care of. <knock on wood that it stays that way>
          Which brings up another question for me.

This red ring of death thing that I hear about all the time always seems to come from the 360....or is this also a PS3 problem as well?

Comment

I would buy a 360 new - the price has really come down in the last year. And I'll echo Surfah's sentiment that online gaming is where its at. In fact, I don't buy a game if it doesn't have a good online environment. But then again, if you're not playing with friends much, maybe that doesn't matter to you.

Also nice about a 360 is that if you have Netflix, you can stream movies and tv shows through the xbox. I think that's a pretty sweet feature.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

you can get blu-ray players now for much cheaper. Plus, the incremental benefit of a blu-ray over normal HD is nowhere near as noticeable as the incremental benefit of xbox live vs playstation's crappy online offering. also, do you have a setup to take advantage of blu-ray...the right tv, etc? if not, no point in investing in the player without the right components.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                you can get blu-ray players now for much cheaper. Plus, the incremental benefit of a blu-ray over normal HD is nowhere near as noticeable as the incremental benefit of xbox live vs playstation's crappy online offering. also, do you have a setup to take advantage of blu-ray...the right tv, etc? if not, no point in investing in the player without the right components.
                I swear it seems like you work for Microsoft sometimes.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                  Which brings up another question for me.

This red ring of death thing that I hear about all the time always seems to come from the 360....or is this also a PS3 problem as well?
                  It was a 360 issue. However, they have pretty much fixed that problem. Its been a few years since there was any significant number of RROD (red ring of death) sightings. Even so, Microsoft beefed up the warranty to 3 years (I think) for RROD, so there's no reason to worry about that.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    One of the benefits of the PS3 as a blu-ray player is that it is future compatible. Since it is basically blu-ray on a computer, you can install software updates that keep up with the expanding array of features on blu-ray disks.

And if you have a HD tv, the blu-ray is gorgeous. Way better than DVD or tape.

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      I swear it seems like you work for Microsoft sometimes.
                      What are you talking about?

Learn more about Windows Vista today!
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                        One of the benefits of the PS3 as a blu-ray player is that it is future compatible. Since it is basically blu-ray on a computer, you can install software updates that keep up with the expanding array of features on blu-ray disks.

And if you have a HD tv, the blu-ray is gorgeous. Way better than DVD or tape.
                        If you haven't experienced Blu-Ray on a 1080p HDTV with surround sound (Blu-Ray audio is much higher quality than DVD audio), you're missing out.

Dark Knight on Blu-Ray is way cool.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Also the graphics for sports games are much better on the 360 than the PS3 IMO.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                            Also the graphics for sports games are much better on the 360 than the PS3 IMO.
                            That 21-0 score was plain as day.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              That 21-0 score was plain as day.
                              stfu. Let's play on a 360 and we will see what the outcome is.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X