X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• It's time

Comment

• I'm not for firing at this time. However, this is the kind of loss that would get a coach fired at a lot of schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          I'm not for firing at this time. However, this is the kind of loss that would get a coach fired at a lot of schools.
          What can he do to turn this around? My gut tells me he's sunk. But it'll take another year and a Big-XII schedule to do it.

Comment

• Clearly, he needs to change up the defensive staff. The problem there is firing Tuiaki is only a partial cure because that defensive scheme comes from Kalani. There need to be some philosophical changes on offense. This started with us getting blown up by Oregon. Holker saw the writing on the wall and bailed. If they don't do some fast talking they will get crushed by the portal.

Comment

• It is up to him to right the ship. I don't think he is capable of doing so.

Comment

• Kalani isn’t getting fired. Not worth discussing.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  Kalani isn’t getting fired. Not worth discussing.
                  I agree that he won't be fired this season. But I think it's inevitable. I have zero confidence he can change the current culture.

Comment

• In a week when the defense was the focus and Kalani reportedly gave special attention to it, this is the result?

Kalani is developing a reputation. Bad defense - that is occasionally (but inconsistently) good. Being bad at in-game adjustments. Not knowing how to fix issues when there are issues. Typically being competitive against at least one better team, but losing a head-scratcher game to a lesser opponent.

He struggled in the beginning. Had a good couple of years. And is back to struggling.

Maybe he won't be fired due to this game - but it feels like the beginning of the end without a significant turnaround. The defense has been bad long enough - that as a HC who came as a DC, I just don't see him having a lot of time without some change.

Comment

• Would BYU consider hiring a non-lds head coach? I bet we could pick up Chris Peterson.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        In a week when the defense was the focus and Kalani reportedly gave special attention to it, this is the result?

Kalani is developing a reputation. Bad defense - that is occasionally (but inconsistently) good. Being bad at in-game adjustments. Not knowing how to fix issues when there are issues. Typically being competitive against at least one better team, but losing a head-scratcher game to a lesser opponent.

He struggled in the beginning. Had a good couple of years. And is back to struggling.

Maybe he won't be fired due to this game - but it feels like the beginning of the end without a significant turnaround. The defense has been bad long enough - that as a HC who came as a DC, I just don't see him having a lot of time without some change.
                        Grimes covered up the bad discipline and management maybe . Now going back

Comment

• They need to recruit or develop D lineman. Dudes get bullied week in/out. Batty is the only one worth a shit, and he’s barely worth a shit. We need some mean-ass mofos, who can beat double teams, contain and tackle.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            Kalani isn’t getting fired. Not worth discussing.
                            Yes. Good grief this is a dumb discussion. You guys are in the wrong thread.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              They need to recruit or develop D lineman. Dudes get bullied week in/out. Batty is the only one worth a shit, and he’s barely worth a shit. We need some mean-ass mofos, who can beat double teams, contain and tackle.
                              lol, Batty. I loved his quote about they were going to go and show everyone this week what they were made of out what they were all about.

they certainly did that.

Comment

Working...
                              X