Fire Kalani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    I was gonna say, "who started this thread." But your hands are clean. The Detmer thread still smarts though.
    Remember when Shaka would go to that thread to argue that Detmer was a good OC? Lol. Simpler times.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay
      To be to fair to Shaka, his mom might know his password and be posting from his account.
      Kalani's mom posts from my account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Remember when Shaka would go to that thread to argue that Detmer was a good OC? Lol. Simpler times.
        Dark times. That's a chapter that should be repressed from the conciousness of Cougar fans everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          Dark times. That's a chapter that should be repressed from the conciousness of Cougar fans everywhere.
          In my mind it's all a continuation of the misadventures of the Doman era and the complete mishandling of Heaps/Nelson/Taysom. The offense has never really recovered.

Comment

• I like the move. He loves BYU. He’s improving. The players love him. He has some fine tuning to do as a head coach, but he’ll get there.

I honestly believe that if BYU is ever able to make a NY6/CFP appearance, it will be with Kalani’s recruits. Recruiting is just too competitive. He just needs to being in great coaches/teachers for development.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I like the move. He loves BYU. He’s improving. The players love him. He has some fine tuning to do as a head coach, but he’ll get there.

I honestly believe that if BYU is ever able to make a NY6/CFP appearance, it will be with Kalani’s recruits. Recruiting is just too competitive. He just needs to being in great coaches/teachers for development.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• if i had my way, kalani would not be the coach at BYU. however, they either had to fire him or extend him - and after this recent winning streak, they weren't going to can him. iow, i get why they extended him, i'm mostly indifferent about it and i have to hope i'm wrong in thinking he's a shitty head coach.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  if i had my way, kalani would not be the coach at BYU. however, they either had to fire him or extend him - and after this recent winning streak, they weren't going to can him. iow, i get why they extended him, i'm mostly indifferent about it and i have to hope i'm wrong in thinking he's a shitty head coach.
                  I think you're wrong. He's an average HC with upside.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    I think you're wrong. He's an average HC with upside.
                    i hope you're right.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

if i had my way, kalani would not be the coach at BYU. however, they either had to fire him or extend him - and after this recent winning streak, they weren't going to can him. iow, i get why they extended him, i'm mostly indifferent about it and i have to hope i'm wrong in thinking he's a shitty head coach.
                      Who would be better?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I get the reservations about Kalani. I have a few myself. However:

1) The players and recruits seem to genuinely love him. That is significant and a good sign.

2) Yes, he loses some games we should win, but he has shown that he can win big games. Road game at Tennessee. USC. Boise State. Utah State. Those were all impressive wins. Ditto for Wisconsin last year.

3) Given our limited candidate pool, it would be stupid to ditch him under the current circumstances. He has very much earned an extension. Now lets see what he does.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Who would be better?
                          That is always the question i have. It is the same one I had for years with Rose - until Pope had some success at UVU. Kalani seems to be a great man, and he might be a good coach. I don't know how many great coaches, who meet the BYU unique qualifications, are out there. Maybe (and it is a BIG maybe) Jay Hill or A-Rod

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Who would be better?
                            impossible to answer that without knowing exactly who the candidates are.
                            Last edited by smokymountainrain; 11-20-2019, 10:31 AM.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

impossible to answer that without knowing exactly who the candidates are.
                              Because of the requirements placed on who is allowed to be a head coach at BYU, we know exactly who the candidates are

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Because of the requirements placed on who is allowed to be a head coach at BYU, we know exactly who the candidates are
                                Let's see:

Kelly Poppinga
                                Anderson at Stanford
                                Andy Reid
                                Steve Young (with Jim McMahon as OC)
                                Ken N.
                                That prick up at Utah
                                The guy who still teaches the single wing formation at Skyline High
                                The OC with the Seahawks
                                Jay Hill
                                Greg Wrubell (he knows everything)
                                Derwin Gray (he's a priest right?)
                                Gordon Monson (same as Greg)
                                Derrik S.
                                Fred Whittingham

Who else?

Comment

Working...
                                X