Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
    kalani needs to go at least.

But holmoe would probably hire anae or something.

Need new leadership all around
    Do we also get Anae's 2005-2009 offense to run for Wilson? If so I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      kalani needs to go at least.

But holmoe would probably hire anae or something.

Need new leadership all around
      Who else a new non-Holmoe hire? I'm active LDS. Maybe I could apply? It would come down to me or Andy Reid and Reid would withdraw interest, so I would get the job?

We've got deep, systematic issues. New coach isn't going to do jack.

Comment

Is there a thread called "Fire Grimes" yet? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Time Fo No Mo Holmoe

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          Is there a thread called "Fire Grimes" yet? Asking for my husband.
          I remember four weeks ago when we were all worried Utah would hire away grimes. Man, that feels like forever ago
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
            I think everyone understands this. That is the frustrating part. The fans desires and the school desires will never be the same IRT sports.

It is the exact opposite at most schools. As a fan I hate the Honor Code. As a member of the Church I understand why we have it. But it fucks up my sports teams.
            No it isn't.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Is there a thread called "Fire Grimes" yet? Asking for a friend.
              i thought about starting it last december, but chickened out. just haven't gotten around to it since then. sorry!
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                I haven't lost faith in my religion. But it appears we're in an administration where decisions are made at the very top (ie a level above the prophet) without a lot of input from PR professionals, business executives, etc. And with the other changes they're making to MoTab and even stuff like no more pageants, I don't think it's the right time for a BYU AD to stick his neck out and demand change.
                Wouldn’t that be exactly the right time to demand change?
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

45163617_2068278983211919_5393216723082018816_n.jpg
                  One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                  SU

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                    On the other hand, I'm still a little perplexed by the Nashif exit, so maybe you're onto something.
                    I know about the Nashif exit. What do you want to know?

Comment

We can retire this thread. Right? This guy has done a phenomenal job this year. I hope he gets extended. What a dude.

Comment

Kudo's to Holmoe. What a fantastic move and execution that was.

Comment

Yeah, he pulled off a miracle this year. Fantastic job.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            We can retire this thread. Right? This guy has done a phenomenal job this year. I hope he gets extended. What a dude.
                            Often things are neither as good nor as bad as they appear.

In 2 years BYU in hoops and football went from the worst ever in Sizzle's life to perhaps the best ever, as far as appearances go.

I always thought Holmoe was doing a decent job and didn't understand the calls for his head. His two hoops hires appear great, but the football year this year has gotta feel great for Holmoe. If BYU can take care of business in two very winnable games they will have a shot at a year that will make '84, '96 and hopefully '20 the great Triumvirate of Cougar Football seasons!

This year is heavily influenced by luck- from Covid impacted season to BYU not having key players sick at the wrong moments to the highly improbable situation where BYU landed walk-ons as capable as Payton Wilgar and Tyler Allgier it is just a year where a whole lot of factors seem to have favorably come together and the schedule was favorable. But the shot is there for it to finish in the elite category of '84 and '96. The tension and build up is still fun- even at my age.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

In 2 years BYU in hoops and football went from the worst ever in Sizzle's life to perhaps the best ever, as far as appearances go.

I always thought Holmoe was doing a decent job and didn't understand the calls for his head. His two hoops hires appear great, but the football year this year has gotta feel great for Holmoe. If BYU can take care of business in two very winnable games they will have a shot at a year that will make '84, '96 and hopefully '20 the great Triumvirate of Cougar Football seasons!

This year is heavily influenced by luck- from Covid impacted season to BYU not having key players sick at the wrong moments to the highly improbable situation where BYU landed walk-ons as capable as Payton Wilgar and Tyler Allgier it is just a year where a whole lot of factors seem to have favorably come together and the schedule was favorable. But the shot is there for it to finish in the elite category of '84 and '96. The tension and build up is still fun- even at my age.
                              BYU in so many ways is uniquely positioned to succeed in this environment. Independence is not always great, but many conferences simply blew it when it came to responding to COVID. We had the flexibility to go forward when the entire western US was shutting things down. An older, more mature group of players (including young married players) is better able to handle stringent protocols and isolation. Add all that to a hefty dose of good luck and timing (Wilson and others getting COVID out of the way pre-season certainly didn't hurt) and some genuine talent to begin with, and this year is what you get.

And what else can you say about Holmoe? His job is tough under the best circumstances. It must have been a nightmare year for him-- but man oh man, did he nail it.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

I call BS on the bolded part. 2 years ago was worst ever for both in 30+ years? Not by a mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X