The official Zach Wilson thread - Best Ever QB in World History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    His deep ball is so sick. Reminds me of John Beck's except he's a bit more accurate and looser with the cannon. He still doesn't touch JB's dink and dunk ball.
    But he's also a lot more athletic than Beck was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      But he's also a lot more athletic than Beck was.
      Yeah Beck was like if you put the perfect quarterback in ski boots. I'll still take it.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Yeah Beck was like if you put the perfect quarterback in ski boots. I'll still take it.
        Wasn't he playing through two ankle sprains against BC in 2006? I remember he literally looked like he was running in ski boots in that game with how much tape he had on.

Comment

• John Beck ran a 4.75 40 at the combine.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            John Beck ran a 4.75 40 at the combine.
            Faster than I ever ran the 40.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
              John Beck ran a 4.75 40 at the combine.
              I would imagine the discussion has been had on here before. The vast majority of people have no idea how fast a (laser timed) sub 5.0 forty is. 90% of guys who think they easily could, or in their heyday would have, broken 5 seconds are delusional.
              Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-11-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Taekwondave?
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Taekwondave?
                  Haha. I wonder whatever happened to that guy.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Didn't he claim a 4.4? Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      I would imagine the discussion has been had on here before. The vast majority of people have no idea how fast a (laser timed) sub 5.0 forty is. 90% of guys who think they easily could, or in their heyday would have, broken 5 seconds are delusional.
                      There is a big lineman that goes to my kid's school that claims to run a 5.2 40. I watched his highlights, lol, there is no way. Kids is lumbering at best.

Comment

• My son ran a 4.45 laser to laser timed at the one of the football combines here in so cal. Out of the 600 kids that were at the camp that day (all skill positions) there were maybe 20 that were below 4.55. They used the same equipment that the nfl combine uses.

Almost all of the kids expected to run sub 4.5 because that is what their coach hand timed them at during spring football. Standard hand time adjustment for sprints is +0.24. So these kids who thought they were 4.5 were really 4.75.

Lots of disappointed kids mumbling how the equipment was broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          My son ran a 4.45 laser to laser timed at the one of the football combines here in so cal. Out of the 600 kids that were at the camp that day (all skill positions) there were maybe 20 that were below 4.55. They used the same equipment that the nfl combine uses.

Almost all of the kids expected to run sub 4.5 because that is what their coach hand timed them at during spring football. Standard hand time adjustment for sprints is +0.24. So these kids who thought they were 4.5 were really 4.75.

Yikes. I guess that puts my above 5.0 speed in high school in perspective. I mean I knew I was slow compared to others, but I was really slow.

Comment

My son ran a 4.45 laser to laser timed at the one of the football combines here in so cal. Out of the 600 kids that were at the camp that day (all skill positions) there were maybe 20 that were below 4.55. They used the same equipment that the nfl combine uses.

Older or younger? And dang that is fast, but I already knew they had legit speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              Older or younger? And dang that is fast, but I already knew they had legit speed.
                              Older. Younger has given up football to focus on track so he didn’t do the combine circuit.

Last edited by Flystripper; 11-11-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Older. Younger has given up football to focus on track so he didn’t do the combine circuit.

Older should have given up football to focus on track. The only recruiting letters he got for football were based on the combine. It surely wasn't game film or coaches contacts. The fastest kid on the team was buried on the depth chart with 18 out of district transfers running with the 1s and 2s. Oldest didn't have the best hands or ball skills but you would think that you could find a way to get the speed on the field more than they did. Just my 2 cents from a clearly biased parent

Comment

Working...
                                X